"Jeez Josh, aren't you like a-"

"Oh wow. You're trying to put what I do for a career onto who I am really? Come on, alcohol follows me everywhere I go Charlie. Meaning so what if I am an alcoholic architect" he says and I just wave off his rambling. So what, the guy builds a tiny home and thinks he's the king of the world? Please

Joshua then sat down at the small kitchen table and gobbled down some cereal. And I went back into my assigned bedroom as I pulled out my phone from my pocket and FaceTimed Quinn.

A couple of rings and Quinn's face pops up as she smiles at me and I smile back but the moment is ruined when she comments that I was ugly.

Awesome.

"Just let me see my son" I grumbled after commenting that she was ugly too. She took a while but then I saw him, she had shown him playing in his play area and he was surrounded with Legos.

He loves Legos. My heart soared with love as I watched him and saw him look at Quinn then at the phone.

"Say hello to dada" Quinn says and he eagerly grabs the phone as I laugh when it shows basically half his forehead, not being able to concentrate it directly on his face.

"Hi baby boy" I embarrassingly cooed to him, I mean come on, I created one adorable kid I thought and I could hear him giggle on the other line then I could see his face.

"What you been up to?" I asked him and he proceeded in telling me all about his LEGO's and that took around fifteen minutes but then some lazy architect decided to interrupt him as he came into frame and Malakai looked at the phone twice to see if he recognized the human next to me then he beamed even more.

"Uncle Joshie!" He screamed through the phone that I had to cover my ears and actually kick Joshua away from the phone because of Malakai's excitement.

"Hey lil man, what's cracking?" He asks Malakai and Kai just looks at him weird then he looks at me weird and I shake my head.

"Come on man, simpler words, he's just three" I tell him and it seemed like Malakai, Quinn and her dogs were going to take a walk so I said goodbye to my son and said I'll see him soon before we hung up, and then I was just staring at my app filled phone, more like the wallpaper.

It was Kai and I. A time when he was only a year old and Quinn had caught us sleeping in front of the TV. He looks so peaceful I thought. My arms around him, knowing that I'd protect him for all my life.

"He's grown since I've last seen him," Joshua says and I nod as I tuck my phone away and then laid down on the bed, knowing I had at least 8 hours to sleep, eat and do whatever I'd want before I see Dior again. Damn-seeing Dior again.

"You know I never realized this-but you're a strange human being" Joshua then says and I look at him weird as I tell him to elaborate.

"Well I mean you in general. You're one of the coolest and strangest people I've met. I'm not talking about your condition on this one. I'm just talking about how you see life-it amazes me-"

"Okay now you're sounding a little but gay" I said not wanting to hear this because I didn't like hearing good things about myself.

"Just shut up and listen" he says more like demands and so I sat up and crossed my arms across my chest as I listened.

"Look-growing up as a black man I've kind of been told rules you know? The most prominent one was being taught about white people and-"

"Whoa whoa Joshua-please don't make this a race thing because I love you-"

"Charlie all I'm saying is that you're the first white person that showed me that-maybe racism isn't being birthed into people-it's being taught growing up. You were taught to be open minded, loving at a young age. I mean you did knock up a half Asian woman and also had been in love with pretty much black women all your life. I was taught different" he says then he ends it there.