"what are we?"

Dior's P.O.V

"Charlie you're supposed to be heading to class right now" I spoke to her through the phone and her groggy voice spoke back, "Why? Class is for losers" she says and I roll my eyes as I look back down to my cup of coffee and slightly admire the faces that the cream froth had made. I nod to what she's saying before I speak again.

"Well just so you know, I don't really find people who intentionally want to flunk out of their classes attractive. They actually bore me and is a complete waste of my-"

"Fine! Jeez Dior I'm getting up and going to class okay" she says exaggeratedly and I smile before I trace my fingers around the edge of my cup.

"Thank you, oh and are we still up for-"

"Dinner? Of course we are-" she then pauses and I thought that was all she was going to say before she took a deep breath and spoke again,

"I miss you" and I smile again wishing she was right in front of me.

"I miss you too Charlie" I said then I told her I better get back to work before my manager comes out and yells at me, not literally though.

We said our goodbyes then I turned my phone off and finished my cup of coffee before heading back into my shift. While completing the last few hours of my shift and clocking out I couldn't stop thinking about Charlie.

Since the bathroom incident that still to this day I can't even think about it without blushing. Anyways since then Charlie and I have been inseparable, well when she doesn't have classes, work and the same with me.

We've spent our time going to the movies, hiking, bike riding and even the simplest of things, cuddling in my bed, when father isn't at home of course. I haven't even got to experience the things I've experienced with Charlie if I haven't met her. So in a way, I am thankful I met the one Charlie Oldford as corny as that sounds.

Walking to my car took less than two minutes and when I got in and turned it on I had to shriek in shock as loud rock songs blasted out of my car speakers.

I groan in annoyance as I hurriedly turn it off, ejecting the CD that Charlie had made specifically for herself. She can't stand my nice mellow church music so she had to make herself a CD based on her songs. I don't even know why she couldn't just plug in her phone and just play it from there but nope, she wants to hurt my hearing.

See? She and I are inseparable.

Driving home became a mellow ride jamming to music that didn't give me a headache and there I was, finally home. Honestly I think driving with good music makes the drive shorter and more pleasing so once I got home and walked into my home I had announced that I got home.

"I'm home!" I yelled and my father pokes his head from around the corner, his huge glasses settled on the bridge of his nose.

"Dior please, a little quieter okay?" He scolds me and I mentally roll my eyes saying a soft apology towards him before hurrying upstairs to get ready for dinner with Charlie.

I wonder what she's wearing? Wait, forget that, what am I even wearing? This is so hard we're my last thoughts as I spent the next half an hour throwing things around in my closet trying to find something decent to wear.

An hour later

An hour later I had finally found what I was going to wear. It was a beautiful coral sundress that reached my knees and I paired that with a light beige cardigan. Hopefully this'll do and for shoes I had just put on my church slip ons. I just hope she'll li-

"Please tell me you're not going to go see Charlie" Joshua said from behind me and I slightly turned around to look at him, again with that beard! Just cut it off already we're my thoughts and he just looked at me like he was expecting an answer and I sighed,