"that's 2000 miles away"

Dior's P.O.V

"Father, this is ridiculous. Really it is" I exclaimed towards him as I got up from the dinner table but he shocked me as he ordered me to sit back down. I sighed and sat back down, joining both my hands together in my lap as I looked up at him. He sat at the front of the table, both of his elbows pressed against either side of his dinner plate.

"Dior-I am just trying to inform you that hanging around with that-with that girl is trouble. Your mother and I are seeing changes in you" he says then sighed as if that was the most horrible thing to ever happen.

I looked towards my mother and saw her in the same position as me, with her hands in her lap but she was looking at me with the same look my father was giving me. I knew they were strict but I never thought that they were judgemental. I shook my head and spoke up,

"Father-I am getting ready to go to college soon. Are you still going to stop me from making friends? You gonna drive how many miles just for that? Father I'm growing up, finally, and it's time you need to learn that" I told him and he shocked my mother and I as he slapped his hand down on the table, causing it to rattle.

I stood up when that happened as I felt tears in my eyes.

"You have no right to speak to me like that. I am your father and you will show me respect" he says broody like and I nod as I wipe my hands off on my napkin and pick up my half eaten dinner.

"Of course father. My apologies" I ended up saying even though I didn't want to. And as I turned around to leave.

"You're not excused yet"

"Oh John let the girl leave, just eat your dinner. Dior sweety it's alright" my mother says in answering to his statement and he just grumbled before he got back to eating and I fully walked into the kitchen as I scraped the food off of my plate and into the garbage.

If I hadn't met Charlie, I don't think I could have noticed this. My fathers behavior. How they actually wrote in a magical book on how I was supposed to act etc. It was like I didn't have a mind of my own and maybe that scared them. So with a sigh I washed my dish and made my way out the kitchen and up the stairs to my room. When I entered my room, I closed the door and when I turned around-

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed in shock as I saw Charlie sitting on my bed. I looked towards my window and saw it opened as the cool night breeze blew in and out. Something was wrong though I thought as I moved closer to her. She was looking down as her hands lay on top of her thighs.

"Charlie? What's wrong?" I asked her softly as I went to sit by her. She then looked up and it was as if I could see every emotion she was feeling through her eyes. Most of all--there was nervousness.

"Cha-"

"I dropped out of my college" she whispers as if she couldn't believe it and I stayed silent. I stayed quiet as I looked away and towards my locked bedroom door. She dropped out of college. Did she plan to do this? Think it through?

"Dior I just-"

"Did you think it through? Have you told your administration about this? Why?" I ended up asking her and she sighs as she stood up from the bed and paced around in front of me.

"It was spontaneous"

"You know nothing really good comes out of making spontaneous reckless decisions"

"I know. My dad made sure to tell me that growing up, every time I went to jail-"

"Wait, you've been to jail?" I exclaimed the second time as I stood up and walked over to her. She just shakes her head and gently holds me in her arms, wrapping her arms around my waist.