"nightmares and jealousy"

Charlie's P.O.V

"Here" I said as I handed her a hot cup of decaf black tea. She took it with shaky hands and said thank you. It was around midnight when I had received a frightened call from Quinn.

Saying she had a nightmare and that she heard things in the home. I had become worried about her and of course the baby and so I went over to her home with a packed bag and decided to make tea. Really simple.

"You know you didn't have to come all the way here" she says as she runs her fingertips along the edge of the mug lip. I shrug before I sit down at the table and carefully take a sip of my tea.

"I know. But I wanted to. In case anything else happens and just something to ease my mind about you and the baby" I told her as I took another sip of my tea. She chuckles across from me and I smile slightly, wondering what was funny.

"What's funny chuckles?" I question her and she just shakes her head.

"I just-it's really silly. Me having nightmares and all-I just couldn't help it. Since I've heard the little one kick-"

"You felt them kick and didn't tell me?" I interrupted her as I asked her this then I reached across the table and put both my hands on her stomach, I felt nothing.

"Urgh get off of me you strip of bacon" she says grumpily as she pushes me off. I sigh and shrug as I then sit back down, not knowing what the deal was.

"I was going to tell you that they kicked but I forgot. Can't blame it, it's the hormones" she says and drank more of her tea. I shook my head and maybe that conversation out the window.

"What were you going to say after the little one kicked?" I asked her and she seemed confused but then remembered.

"Oh yeah I was just saying that since I've felt them kick, I have been feeling this extreme case of protection. Like I should do everything I can to protect them right now and later" she says and I nod, kind of weirded out when she addresses the baby as them, making me scared that we'd have twins.

"I get that. I've been feeling that too. Every time your stomach grows bigger each month" I said and she chuckles at that as she finishes her tea.

We then said goodnight to each other and I was directed to the guest room, the bed looked so comfortable and I smiled wide as I jumped on it, laying on my back. I then heard a shout from the room over.

"Charlie, if you break that bed I swear on god!" Quinn yells and I frown as I get comfortable in the bed. Jeez I thought this was going to my bed for the night, and after that thought I had fallen asleep right away.

I woke up the next morning with very loud annoying singing and it came from no one other then-

"Hey! Good morning!" Quinn said cheerfully as she busted into the guest room. I dragged my arms around over face to cover the sunlight when she inconsiderately opened up the blinds.

"And this is why you haven't been getting laid" I mumbled out loud so she would hear and she definitely heard it because she gave me a hard whack against my leg which resulted in a loud "Ow!".

"There's breakfast ready, come out here and eat it then get the fuck out" she says half jokingly but also half seriously. After twenty minutes of laying in misery but also talking to Dior over the phone, I had decided to get up and get dressed. However when I entered the kitchen, Quinn was at the kitchen table-crying?

Instant worry kicked into my stomach as I practically ran to her and knelt down beside her.

"Quinn? Quinn what's wrong? Is it the baby? Quinn?" I ask her with concern but she just shakes her head and wipes her eyes.