"goodie too shoes"

Charlie's P.O.V

It was around two weeks later when I met up with Joshua again. We met at a liquor store at 9PM on a Friday night. And what's crazy is, is that I had to take a fucking Uber and he just took his car. Why couldn't the dude pick me up and we both go together? I don't fucking know. I walked up to him and did our secret handshake before we both walked into the shop.

We made sure to keep a low profile but didn't know why because Joshua had a fake ID anyways. He's going to be turning 21 but that's not an excuse so he's still technically underage. After we had roamed the shop for like a good fifteen minutes and noticed that there were more then five shoppers in the line to the cashier, we had picked a 12 pack of Heineken beer as we then made it to the line to join the rest.

Joshua first and I was behind him, trying to make it look like I didn't know him. I held a pack of spearmint gum in my palm so that I could already buy something and to make sure Joshua didn't crack. So I pulled out my phone and started looking through Instagram, slightly stopping at a specific person's post.

My ex.

Aaliyah is her name and I thought she was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. The most beautiful brown eyes, with that soft chocolate skin and her voice.

God her voice--sadly, it ended with me not wanting to quit smoking cigarettes and her fucking some drug addict from college.

"Dude" I heard Joshua say and I jumped lightly, thinking he was screwing up but noticed he was at the door and the cashier was waiting for me to pay for the spearmint gum. I smiled awkwardly at the middle aged man before sliding the gum over to him so he scanned it and I handed him $2 and told him to keep the change.

I can't believe I had zoned out completely looking at Aaliyah's post. Why couldn't I have blocked her already? Keeping an ex in that close proximity is never good. After I had paid for the gum, Joshua and I made our way out of the station, he then stopped me as he put his hand on my shoulder, "you've got to let her go dude. She was never worth it" he said and I nodded to what he was saying.

That is the truth. We then got into his car and we started driving to his home. For some strange reason the ride there I started feeling my palms sweat, the loose strands of my hair annoying me more than usual.

I chopped it down to me not having a cigarette for two hours but that wasn't it. It was something else and I didn't find out what it was until I walked right into her home. Joshua and I were lounging inside his room, his family had already gone to sleep so he and I both had a bottle of beer in our hands as we watched the whole season of game of thrones.

Yes, I know we're the late bandwagons to watching the game of thrones series but we were bored and plus two of his PS4 controllers were getting charged so we couldn't play a game right now. The thing is that it's crazy because after all this we have been in complete silence until- we heard a knock and both of us were scared shitless of his pastor father, so we practically threw the beer out his opened window.

We then tried to act normal but the person that walked through gave me relief but also gave me anxiety because she had the most judgmental look on her face.

"Argh what are you doing here Dior?" Joshua asked his sister and she leaned against the door frame before taking off her glasses then seemed to stare at us as she then spoke, "I'm here because I can't seem to concentrate on doing my homework by the loud voices coming from this rather what it seems horrific tv show" she says and Joshua and I both scoffed and when I did that, that made her look at me and I could feel my head going back into my body like what a turtle does.

"And who is she?" She asks towards us but mostly towards me. So I cleared my voice and I said "you're my tutor Dior. Charlie. Charlie Oldford?" I introduced myself and she stood there for a few minutes before she shook her head and had a slight sly smile on her lips, "Right the girl that flirted with me and that I'm tutoring because you had a sweet-