"moving on from high school"

Charlie's P.O.V

"Well Miss Oldford it looks like you finally did it" the principal had spoken up after reading through my files, my class files and the grades that I got at the end of the year or so. I haven't really spent that long in order to pass-that's probably because of the tutoring but still. I just nodded to his comments and his congratulations. I just wanted him to tell me that he would transfer my credits then give me my official high school graduation certificate. I didn't have time to-

"Uh Miss Oldford?" He questions me and I look up at him breaking out of my inner thoughts. He then reaches over and hands me a big yellow envelope, I reached over and grabbed it from him as I studied it.

"It's your high school graduate certificate and a record of your grades these past few months that you attended "he says sounding almost proud? but I shook that notion off as I just nodded and offered my thanks as I shook his hand and grabbed my backpack, slinging it over my shoulder and made my way out of his office. As I was walking away, I smiled a small smile thinking that I was finally done. I was done with high school, good fucking riddance.

As I was walking out though, a soft body collided with mine and their feet connected with mine so as I was tripping over, they were falling back however I quickly took control of my stance and wrapped my arms around their back and waist as I held them up, keeping them from face planting.

My heart raced, thinking I was going to be extremely angry if I had actually fallen and had gotten bruises because someone was-

"Charlie?" She said my name and it was then that I realized that I had my arms around the beautiful Dior. The Dior that tutored me and had me pass all my classes in order for me to finally move on from high school.

"Oh-Dior, hi" I ended up saying as I awkwardly released my grip on her, watching as she shyly adjusted her clothes and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

She looks up at me then towards the principal's office, "Are you in trouble? Is that why you were in the principal's office?" She asks and even though I wanted to tell her the truth, it somehow irked me with the fact that she just assumed that I was up to something. That I was just some troubled late teen an-

"Okay I know I may have a reputation around here with being the student who didn't graduate but you don't have to assume that I'd be getting into trouble all the time" I told her grimly before I adjusted my bag straps then turned around and was going to walk off but was once again halted in my tracks as her hand wrapped around my forearm.

"Hey, stop that. I'm sorry. Okay? I didn't mean it like that" she says softly and after everything that has happened I realized that she was speaking to me like she didn't hate me.

I should have been grateful for that, right? and if I was someone else then I should've pretended that it never happened, that our fight never happened but it did.

And I'm not going to pretend that it didn't happen so I sighed and looked at her, I studied her face, her expression, her eyes and then I grabbed both of her hands before speaking, "I know--I just-I'm just tired, with high school and--with fighting with you. And I don't want it to seem that I'm not fighting for you or fighting for your attention because I am. I just- is there any way we could talk about this?" I ended up saying, more like pleading with her. She looked into my eyes for a minute or so before she too sighed and she nodded.

"Yes-we can uh talk more about it. Come over?" She asks and I too nod, saying yes I would definitely come over after I drop my things off at my dorm. We then parted ways, after smiling at each other for way too long but I feel like we're getting somewhere. Finally, right? So when I walked out those high school doors I swear if someone had taken a photo of me it would have been filled with a big ass smile.