Chapter 66: I'm the Mistake

Start from the beginning

"Pure and Tormented, what does that mean?" Skeppy questioned as he sat up looking at Mitosis, who twitched and trembled.

"Pure Latchers are the ones who lack past pain, a tormented latcher can purify themselves but it's a difficult task to do. Tormented Latchers are in a constant state of pain and torment as the past haunts them, Tormented latchers do not feel physical pain as physical has no effect on them except for the numbing feeling, Tormented latchers as dangerous as they are territorial and ready to kill something the moment its moves....but with you Vessels us tormented must restrain ourselves from killing~" Mitosis explained with a low voice, "and me being a tormented allows for hate to flow in, I get jealous at times because I know i'll never feel warmth and happiness...I snap at people with how i feel about myself...Paralysis is no mistake and never was one, I'm the mistake and I'll always be one....I'm the mistake in this group, I'm just a steel ball clasped to peoples ankles. I shouldn't even be here~" Mitosis said crossing his arms as he laid his chin on top of them as his knees were close to his chest. Mitosis seemed to have more emotions when in this human form and Skeppy could see it clearly.

Skeppy got up and sat beside Mitosis, he wasn't sure of what to say to the latcher and he tried to find his voice but he choked on his tongue as it knotted up. Skeppy signed leaning against Mitosis as he took a glance at his crystalized hand, Skeppy still saw the human part of him under all these crystals and yet, he wasn't human no more, he was just an experiment. "You should be here Mitosis, you're part of the team, well this ever growing team." Skeppy said with a laugh.

"Heh~ it's just an army of something." Mitosis said not bothering to look at Skeppy, "an army of experiments, humans, creatures, and Latchers. So many names and faces to remember...it's only chaos~" Mitosis added as his ears pointed back, "Hmm~ just a chaotic group i guess. A group that doesn't like me~" Mitosis spoke with hatred but that hate was directed towards himself, "I should just disconnect and go off on my own~" Mitosis hissed but he flinched as his arm was grabbed by sharp blue claws.

"No, don't say that, we need you, we can help you Mit-" Skeppy's jaw was grabbed as Mitosis snarled at him.

"Don't fucking call me anything by those names, don't fucking call me by my name, don't call me by any nickname...just call me a fucking Mistake!" Mitosis snapped at Skeppy before letting go and taking his hand away, Mitosis shook his head and looked away in shame.

"I'm not gonna call you a mistake Mitosis, you are-" Skeppy cut himself off as Mitosis got up bellowing at him.

"I am one Zak! Why can't you fucking see that! I am a mistake Zak, I will forever be one! You don't deserve me and I don't deserve you as my Vessel~" Mitosis said, holding a hand to his chest as his teeth were sharp and ready to bite into flesh.

"No you aren't!" Skeppy said as he got up staring down this Latcher, this broken Latcher, "you are not a mistake Mitosis, let me help you, let us help you Mitosis!" Skeppy spoke with a bold voice before getting pulled through a portal that opened behind him.

Mitosis looked into the portal and rushed into it after Skeppy. Mitosis turned back into his latcher form and roared out at the withering angels that held Skeppy. The crystalized man struggled as the angels held him digging their claws into him ready to pull him open. Mitosis opened his hand as rifts opened up as tendrils came out prying the withering hands off Skeppy as Mitosis shot forward lashing out at the withering angels. Skeppy got away stumbling forward before looking at Mitosis as he battled the two withering angels.

The withering angels cut and slashed at Mitosis, getting him to bleed as their blades as skin was pulled open. "Mite!" Skeppy yelled seeing a blade slash Mitosis' face knocking a few teeth free from gums. Mitosis hissed out as his mouth opened up and his tongue struck the skull of a withering angel but a dark toxic substance came out as Mitosis recoiled as the Withering angels backed off.

Mitosis hissed at the angels and he backed up towards Skeppy. Mitosis turned his back on the angels as he looked at Skeppy closely. Skeppy looked up at Mitosis before seeing visions...Visions of a human, a human with a kind and caring smile. Mitosis touched the side of Skeppy's face as he spoke out, "Everything's going to be alright, Zak~" Mitosis said as blood gushed out of his mouth and fell past Skeppy's eyes.

"Mitosis! Mite!" Skeppy said watching the splitting latcher drop to his knees. Skeppy watched before having his vision go dark as he was held against the latcher in a tight hug. Mitosis held Skeppy close as Mite's breath began to grow harsher as swords cut into his lungs.

"Mitosis please stay with me you can survive this thing I know you can, I believe in you." Skeppy said hearing muscles being torn and flesh being ripped, "Mitosis please! I can show you warmth and happiness!" Skeppy begged knowing the withering angels continued to rip and cut Mitosis apart, but Mitosis didn't make a sound or even move as he was Skeppy's shield, he stayed there protecting the crystalized being from harm.

The withering angels snapped at each other as they grew bored, so they gave up and vanished into thin air leaving the duo alone. Skeppy was shaking as blue blood covered him, he glanced up at a still torn Mitosis as swords stuck out of his back. Mitosis felt nothing even though his arms, back, neck, head, horns, and tail were all cut and bleed, Mitosis only felt numb. A blue blood rift opened up, dragging the two down and bringing them back home. Mitosis let go as he fell to his side on the floor exhausted from everything, Skeppy looked at Mitosis before quickly taking action as he ran off to go get Archangel and Bad to help heal the splitting bleeding latcher.

~~~~~

It's been hours and Skeppy didn't leave Mitosis' side, the group was active as they had discussed things about the cult with new leads and such on where to find them. Bad would tell Skeppy everything but Skeppy never said a word which only concerned Bad. It's not like Skeppy didn't want to talk to Bad or anything of that matter, Skeppy was just too focused on Mitosis. Skeppy only worried more as time went on that he began to pace around the room like a caged animal.

Bad entered the room giving a slight wave seeing Skeppy glance at him "Hey Skeppy, anything new beside you pacing around...I know Dream and Paralysis found out more on the cult as they brought back some torn fabrics the bloodhound can sniff, or well Halcyon and Cerulean can sniff" Bad said with a slight laugh as he held the door frame.

"No nothing new....Mitosis is still out cold and it's driving me mad. I want to help him, but I can't. I feel so useless to him, I'm his vessel for crying out loud." Skeppy said with a shaky tone of voice as he seemed ready to break down, "I can't do anything, I want to do something!" Skeppy snapped as he stopped pacing around the room as he crossed his arms.

"Skeppy, Mitosis is going to be okay. Archangel said that Mitosis is recovering, it's just taking awhile to do so, please don't worry, you're worrying me Skeppy." Bad said as he entered the room completely and he opened his arms up.

Skeppy looked at Bad seeing his offering of a hug, Skeppy glanced at Mitosis seeing his shallow breaths that were harsh and cold. Skeppy felt desperate, he wanted to help Mitosis, he wanted to show that there is still good in this hellish world, he wanted to give Mitosis happiness and warmth, but it felt impossible to get through to this splitting latcher.

"Everything's going to be okay Skeppy"