Seventeen

Alex woke up to a soft heat on her arms from the beam of sunlight streaming in through the window. Her head was slightly groggy, her hair sticking up at all angles from her head. She wiped her eyes, pushing herself up, dangling her feet over the edge of the bed as she stretched her arms out wide, feeling her muscles pull and easing the tension in them. She felt like she was forgetting something, but she shrugged it off and went to check on Molly.

The curtains were still closed in her room, but a soft light came in from the edges of them, illuminating just enough for her to see Molly sprawled out on the bed, her hair strewn all over the pillow, her mouth hanging open slightly, her shirt hitched halfway up her chest. She had kicked the blanket into a knotted heap at the end of the bed, with half of it hanging off the side, just barely avoiding touching the floor. It was not a flattering sight, but Alex couldn't help but find it adorable.

She took a step closer, to put the blanket back on her, but it was then that she noticed something. A long scar ran it's way across Molly's stomach. It looked old, but she didn't know that much about scars so she had no real idea of how long it may have been there. She shook her head. It was none of her business. If Molly had wanted her to know, she would have told her. She tugged the blanket gently back over her, and shut the door carefully behind her.