Fourteen

It had been hours since Molly had arrived at Alex's house, and they had started drinking again. This time, Molly took her up on her offer of tonic, and they were working their way much more slowly through their bottles of gin. Molly looked a little happier now, smiling and laughing, her cheeks bright red. Her hair hung loosely around her shoulders, sometimes getting in the way of her face. After this had happened one too many times and was met with frustration rather than amusement, Alex offered Molly a bobbin to tie it up with.

"So," Molly started, gesturing around at the empty tubs of ice cream and Pringles, "we're out of food. And I, for one, am hungry. I vote we order pizza." She pulled out her phone and opened the app for the local pizza place. "What do you want on yours? My last order is saved so I don't have to think about it." Alex thought about it for a moment. If she ordered pizza, she should still have enough left for the week, as long as she was careful. And there was some food in the freezer if she needed it.

"Okay. I'll get a small pizza with pepperoni, chorizo, olives and pineapple." Molly looked at her, eyes wide.

"I'm not sure whether I'm more horrified by you wanting a small pizza, or by you wanting olives and pineapple on it."

"Hey, I'm trying not to spend too much money here, and pineapple doesn't deserve all the hate. It's tasty and refreshing." Molly just shook her head.

"First of all, I'm paying. Second of all, I want to be able to scab off whatever weird ass pizza you make, but I'm allergic to pineapple so I just can't let you get it." She smiled, like she'd just won the argument.

"You realise you could just, not eat my pizza right?" Molly frowned at her, sticking out her lower lip.

"But that's no fun! The best part of ordering pizza is sharing them and seeing how badly everyone but me chose their toppings! You can't take that away from me, Alex. I might die if you do. You can't end the sacred pizza ritual." Alex realised then how drunk Molly was, and that it would be impossible to reason with her.

"Fine, no pineapple. But I'm not really bothered to pick, so it's up to you." At that, Molly got a dangerous look in her eyes.

"Do you like spice?"