smiling moon

*TW(SELF HARM)*
The tears blurred his eyes as he picked up the gleaming piece of metal, hands shaking.

They were shaking not because of the anxiety he felt, but rather the anticipation.

It filled his chest, almost feeling like pride, but watered down with a little bit of fear and sadness mixed in.

This mixture made his heart race.

He sucked air in through his teeth as he ran the sharp object along his left thigh,  an icy stinging feeling following almost like a trail.

He thought about the failure he felt that he was.

About how he scared everyone away with these-these clouds in his Hazel eyes.

The shadow of his childhood taunting him each time he awoke in the morning.

The lack of energy he felt as he served customers in the mornings

And that absolute crushing feeling of not being okay.

He used it as fuel until he dropped the blade back into the box, blood smearing as he did so.

He pushed it back into its place under the bed and cried himself to sleep.

*safe*

Gerard plagued his dreams that night. Not just his image, but his scent. Pine and damp clothing. A beautiful mixture if you ask him.

He bathed in the scent of the dream, soaking in every drop of Gerard.

His hand grabbed at Gee's hair, his clothing that clung to his skin in the cold rain.

Their lips were mashed together, noses pressed on each other's cheeks.

He slipped a hand under Gerard's we T-shirt, finding a way to feel.

Gerard sighed into his mouth as their tongues met.

...

Frank knew it was a dream.

That's why when he woke up, he wasn't surprised that his cheeks were sticky with tears.

He stared at the ceiling trying to remember how the raindrops clung to Gerard's lashes.

And the way the air smelled like a mixture of Gerard's scent and wet cement.

When he couldn't, he sat up and looked at his alarm clock.

5:56 blinked back at him.

And from outside, the moon smiled at his misfortune.

"Damn you." He whispered, his voice raspy with sleep.

The moon continued to smile.

"I SAID DAMN YOU. " he screamed, launching from his bed and slamming his palms against the window.

He wailed loudly, falling to his knees, clutching his stomach.

A knock sounded at his door, startling him.

"Frank?"

He wiped his nose on his sleeve and hiccupped.

"Frank, it's me."

He turned his reddened eyes towards the voice.

Another knock.

"Frank, are you okay?"

Frank bit his lip as another wave of tears threatened to arrive.

"Frank, I'm gonna come in, okay?"

Frank didn't care. Nobody did.

The doorknob turned, and Gerard stood in the doorway.

His eyes grazed over the bed, and then landed on Frank.

He tiptoed over to the shivering figure and kneeled down beside it.

"Hey...its-its okay" He said quietly.

He watched Frank for a minute, unsure about what to do.

And he put his arm around Frank just in time for the rain to start pouring down.