James and Sirius were fork-fighting, assuming them to be swords and themselves, knights, who were set in a battle against each other; while Regulus and Bartemius, sitting opposite to them, switching between cheering for them and arguing over which house was better- Ravenclaw or Slytherin.

Arthur Weasley, Molly's fiancé, and Frank Longbottom, the grandson of Harfang Longbottom and Callidora Longbottom nee Black, were engaged in debates over various topics, highly clouded in their own bubble.

Gideon Prewett looked to be giving his undivided attention to the ex-Auror turned politician, Lord Charlus Potter, as he regaled him with some of the secrets of the departments along with some tips and tricks and stories from his own days as a famed and decorated Auror.

Meanwhile, Fabian Prewett looked to be highly concentrated in his task of aiming and throwing green grapes at Lord Crouch's head, before immediately turning his head and pretending to be in a talk with Cassiopeia Black whenever the man turned with furious eyes to catch the culprit.

And Great Aunt Cassiopeia, who felt that her favourite cousin Charis was too good for that man anyway, helped in solidifying Fabian's new-found hobby by glaring at Lord Crouch whenever his eyes landed anyway near Fabian. Andromeda was sure that she even saw her great aunt toss a couple of grapes on Lord Crouch's head herself.

Uncle Orion was talking with Great Uncle Arcturus about something related to Stella, while Great-Aunt Dorea was engaged in a conversation with Grandmother Irma regarding the supplies that she needed for a particular potion.

Great Aunt Malania was happily chatting with Aunt Lucretia, who returned her genuine enthusiasm while her Grandfather Pollux, Lord Harfang, Lady Callidora, Heir Darius and Heiress Augusta Longbottom nee Fawley, Uncle Ignatious, Lord Bertimous Crouch Snr. (when he wasn't rubbing his head at the force of the grapes) and Lady Charis Crouch was in a heated group discussion that altered between the topic of Wizengamot and Hogwarts.

Aunt Walburga was too engaged in her friendly yet borderline hostile sibling banter with Uncle Alphard who seemed to be enjoying the furious expression on his sister's face all too much; to give a second thought to the mudblood dining with them.

Andromeda had been quick to realise exactly why her Uncle Alphard had begun taunting Aunt Walburga as soon as he had arrived and couldn't help but feel grateful to him for keeping her aunt occupied enough to not even care that somebody of less than perfectly pure blood was not only sitting, but also dining with them.

In fact, Andromeda would have completely forgotten that this wasn't just a normal family dinner, if not for the fact that the glaring eyes of her parents were borne into her, as they sat directly opposite to herself and Ted.

Ted leaned closer to her so he could whisper into her ears, the action causing her father to grip his gold fish-fork with so much pressure that Andromeda was honestly surprised it didn't bend.

"I think this is all going rather well, don't you?" He asked quietly, eyes scared yet cautious. "I mean, nobody's tried to kill me till now."

"That's because Great Aunt Malania hates it when we get blood on her carpets," Andromeda responded in a low voice. "And nobody wants to get on her bad side. She was a dueler, you know? Won twelve championships as well."

Ted let out an impressed whistle. "That's amazing."

"Plus, she was a Hufflepuff," Andromeda added. "So, I'm hoping the fact that you are as well can soften her enough to accept you. And if she holds influence over many people, whether they realise it or not, so like a domino effect, they too will follow her decision."