Wooyoung let out a breath, leaning against the door frame. "I'm gonna go pack my stuff," he said, his tone sounding rather defeated.

San frowned at this as Wooyoung disappeared from sight. He would have to figure out some way to cheer his boyfriend up later.

The mom stayed leaning back in her chair, tiredly watching the teen on the couch across from her type.

"San," she said, her voice grabbing the boy's attention just as he hit send.

"Mm?" he hummed as if to signal he was listening, before shutting his phone off to look at her.

"About Wooyoung," she began. If she didn't have San's attention before, she certainly did now.

"I want you to tell me if he doesn't take my choice well," she spoke, her tone more sad than anything. "Despite everything it's still his dad. It can't be easy for him to process this."

San nodded obediently, mirroring the mother in leaning back against the couch. He shoved his hands in his pockets, thinking of a reply.

"I hope you know I really don't mind him staying with me," San brought up, just to quell her concerns. "I'd be willing to even get an apartment if needed."

The mother smiled, amused at his words. "How would you pay for that, hun?"

San shrugged. "I'll get a job and take care of him. I can do classes online," he listed, the mother raising her eyebrows despite the smile remaining on her face.

"Oh, honey, you don't have to do all that!" she said, holding back a laugh. "Should you two get a place someday, I'll help out with rent," she assured him, her mood significantly lightened.

"Ahh, San," she shook her head with a grin. "You're the boy every parent wishes their kid was dating."

San felt quite embarrassed at this. "Um, thank you..." he mumbled, shrinking into himself at the compliment.

The vibration of his phone let him know he had a message, which he immediately glanced towards.

"My dad will be here in 15 minutes to pick us up," San stated, glancing at the woman who nodded at this.

"You should go up and tell him," the mother suggested, standing up and stretching. "I ought to take some of my things as well."

San nodded, sharing a look of mutual understanding before he stood up himself, and padded over to the staircase.

He couldn't help but look over the family photos on the wall, the same which he'd noticed upon his first visit.
The image of the happy mother, father, and smiling little boy almost seemed mockingly perfect. San could almost imagine how Wooyoung was feeling about the situation.

Upon reaching the second floor he crept down the quiet hallway, approaching Wooyoung's room which appeared to be rather silent.

He pushed the door open gently, laying eyes on the sight of Wooyoung sitting on the edge of his bed, holding a small stuffed animal in his hands.

He didn't turn to look as San entered. San walked slowly over as to stand next to his boyfriend.

"You okay?" San questioned, although he knew that asking was pointless.