13

San quietly grabbed items from his locker, softly shutting the door. He'd almost woken up late that morning, not having time to brew any morning coffee to alleviate his drowsiness.

San breathed deeply, trying to force a sense of awake-ness into himself as he walked down the hallway towards his first morning class.

The sound of a familiar laugh grabbed his attention, San glancing over at the entrance.

A certain pair of boys walked in; probably the ones San wanted to see least at the moment. Wooyoung smiled brightly at some joke Seonghwa had made, the other jokingly nudging his shoulder.

San immediately looked away from them. He wasn't about to be some creepy guy who couldn't get over things.

"Hey, San!" a voice called after a short moment. He felt his heart sink.

"...yes?" he answered, turning around. Wooyoung stood firmly in place, looking San up and down.

"You okay?" Wooyoung asked. San didn't respond, instead focusing on the fact that the other black haired boy seemed to have disappeared.

"Yeah... didn't get enough sleep last night, I guess," San said in a tired, yet joking manner. San felt, although unnoticeable on the outside, extremely wary.

San subconsciously scanned over the boy, taking in today's appearance. He seemed to be in a rather good mood, likely for reasons San didn't want to think about. He wore a cute white turtleneck with black jeans, and a bracelet which San hadn't seen before...

San wanted to hit himself for staring this long.

"Good thing we have an assembly today," Wooyoung commented, San giving him a weird look.

"...What?"

"An assembly? Our first classes are cancelled," Wooyoung restated, San suddenly feeling like an idiot for grabbing his books.

"Ugh, will we have to do cheering and stuff?" San lamented. Wooyoung merely shrugged.

"Dunno. I never go to them," Wooyoung said casually. San must have looked visibly surprised, as Wooyoung laughed before continuing, "I always just skip and go hide in the library."

"Oh... good idea. Sucks to be me then, I guess."

Wooyoung rolled his eyes. "That was an invitation. Come with?"

San felt a mixture of concern telling him to say no and excitedness urging him 'yes.'
"Okay?" he chose, glad he had answered it upon seeing the smile that rose on Wooyoung's face.

The bell rung, sending a flurry of students heading towards the gym.

Wooyoung signaled for San to follow him. "Come on," he beckoned, scurrying off towards a far hallway.

Wooyoung practically dragged San across campus.
By the time the two arrived and slipped into the silent, dimly lit school library, San felt as if he had been racing there.

The two plopped down on the couch, San focusing a bit too hard on the exact distance between him and the other boy.

"You should sleep," Wooyoung suggested, seeing a small yawn come from San. "I do that all the time during these."

San thought it over. "A nap would be nice, but... where?"

Wooyoung looked at him like he was crazy, his gaze pointedly shifting between San and the couch they both sat on. San mouthed a small "Oh."

San tried to turn to lay down, before promptly realizing there was an obstacle preventing him from doing so— namely a certain younger boy on his left.