"Well...that's why I bought your ticket," she spoke at an unrecognizable speed and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Run that by me again," he spoke and she just smiled nervously. "I didn't understand you, Emari," he chuckled.

"I bought you a ticket," she spoke quietly.

"H-huh? You bought me a ticket?! To Hawai'i?!"

"Yes! I just thought it'd be a nice first gift, you know? Plus! It'll be our first vacation, together," she tried to defend herself and he still couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that she spent so much money on him at once.

"I-I...what? My first gift to you was a bear and some m&m's, Mari. You-you—that's a lot of money Emari. A lot,"

"I can afford it, I promise. I wouldn't have done it if it would have hurt me financially, so please don't be mad at me," she cheesed. "Please," she grabbed his hand.

"I'm not mad baby, I just...Hawai'i?"

"It's no big deal, Dooda," she pouted.

"It's a very big deal, Emari we—"

"We're back!" Mycah announced. "TJ begged for strawberries on his and I know you like strawberries Moo, so can y'all share? I'll share with Sky,"

"Yeah, come sit by me, Boogie," she patted the bench, between she and Xavion. He shot her a look that told her they definitely weren't finished talking about it.

The next morning, Xavion woke up at 4:45, yawning, already annoyed from this drive

The next morning, Xavion woke up at 4:45, yawning, already annoyed from this drive. He had to wake up much earlier than Mari to make sure he everything and shower before waking Mari up.

He stayed at his own apartment that night, so going down the street to wake her, knowing she'd probably be irritated all morning was a sacrifice he'd just have to make, because he was looking forward to having her with him. He also intended to irritate her more because he meant what he said when they weren't done talking about the vacation.

He didn't know where she got the idea to but him an entire roundtrip plane ticket to Maui, but he needed to know. He needed to know how much it costed—plus tax and flight insurance. He wanted to know how much the hotel was and everything in between.

Xavi didn't care if she didn't want it, he was going to give it back to her whether he went on the trip or not.

After making sure his bags were packed, he went to Dunkin Donuts, ordering her favorite iced coffee, and a sandwich for her, so she wouldn't be as cranky.

She had given him her key the night before when he left, simply because she knew she wasn't getting up at 5:30.

He quietly entered her apartment, taking her bags from the front door where she left them last night when he left her, including her large purse that she packed the night before. He came back in, creeping into her room, shivering even though it was the beginning of July. She had her thermostat at 65 and her fan on high.