"Hi Boogie. You're doing a good job! Thank you for helping, baby,"

"You're welcome," he cheesed. "Can you take me on the big slide?"

"Ask Tete Munch, I think she's about to go," she pointed and he let the girls go, making their heads whip towards him. "It's okay! I'm gonna stay with y'all," she smiled at the girls. "What are we doing?"

"We just goin' under the water, Tete," Samaria informed her. "You wanna go?"

"Sure mama, but I'm a little too tall for this side," she giggled. "We can go in the deeper side since I can swim. You wanna go with me?" she asked and Sam eagerly nodded. Sky was a little more shy, she noticed. "It's okay, Skylar, I won't let anything happen sweetheart," she smiled warmly.

Rather than cry, like Mari thought she was about to with her pouted out lip, she simply reached for Mari and her heart nearly melted. She lifted Sky from the pool and held Mari's free hand, walking over to the adult pool.

"Your husband not coming, Tete?" Sam asked as they walked past him, and her eyes widened.

"My...my who?"

"Your husband, Tete," she said as if it was obvious. "You kiss him a lot so you're married," she informed her.

"No baby, that's my boyfriend ," she giggled, hoisting Samaria onto her hip as she walked into the pool and they waded to the 5 foot end.

"My Uncle Zay say you real pretty. He say that-that y'all be goin' on dates and stuff. Can I come with y'all?" Sky tilted her head, her beads clacking as her braids fell to her other shoulder.

"Me too!" Sam exclaimed.

"We'll ask, baby," she giggled.

"Sooo, Xavi," Mari grinned, as their sisters stood in line with the kids for funnel cakes

"What you do?" he raised his eyebrows and she sucked her teeth. "No I'm joking, baby. Wassup?" he turned her face back towards him, kissing her to get rid of her stank face.

"Well, I have a proposition for you. Say yes before I ask," she grinned.

"Emari—no. What is it," he chuckled.

"Well you know, me and my best friend usually go on a trip in August to celebrate our friendaversary," she began and he nodded, remembering when she told him. "Last year she invited Rashaad and he had so much fun, so this year she invited him again and that's perfectly okay with me, but since I have a boyfriend now, we were wondering—well I was wondering if you wanted to come with?"

"Well, where are y'all going?" he wondered. As much as he'd love to go, he still had bills to pay and a fridge to fill.

"Maui," she said quickly and his eyes widened.

"Maui?! Like Hawai'i?" he asked and she nodded. "Baby, this real sudden, Hawai'i is expensive as hell," he explained. "I'on know if I can afford it by August," he said honestly.