Chapter 5

A/N: I may have to edit this chapter a little more and when I write more I may add it to this chapter to make it longer but this is it for now. Sorry for the long ass wait I don't really have an excuse except for writers block but I'm back and ready to keep writing. Also! I'm almost at 1k reads! That's crazy I'm so excited people actually like my random book. Thanks, everyone who has read and commented and gave me feedback I appreciate it all.

You'd think it would be easy. Running a village, coexisting beside her loving husband, and taking care of a child is a breeze, right? Wrong. You see, for a normal family maybe. However, the Rogthun family is not normal in any sense of the word. Dura Rogthun, husband, king and father to the first interracial child in existence, and Emma, princess, Queen, and a woman who is borderline suffering from Stockholm syndrome. The perfect couple to raise this special child. However, the fact that Emma was a prisoner of war, and their child is the first half-orc comes with its own unique challenges.

Raising a completely unique creature is a completely different learning curve than raising a normal baby. What does it eat? Does it grow as big as a normal Orc? Which parent gives off the most dominant features? How do you care for it? And like all new mom's Emma was terrified. The moment Zonur emerged from her womb, a wave of emotions, those of fear and excitement crashed over her. She felt the love and happiness that a child can bring yet also the fear of the unknown.

Announcing the new heir to the throne was the most fear-inducing part of Zonur's creation. For decades, the creation of a creature such as him was told in folktales. No one believed it possible for such a thing to happen. Emma feared the backlash which was imminent upon Zonur's arrival. She felt as though he would be teased, mocked, and outcasted for the rest of his life. But why? Because he was a child made from a forbidden love? Who decided that this was a vile thing, the unity of two different creatures?

However, one day, pushing all their woes aside, Emma and Dura stood in front of their entire village and announced the arrival of the new Prince of Rogthun's village, Prince Zonur Brismey-Rogthun. Dura picked up baby Zonur, him covered in the softest velvety cloth, and raised him up in the air, "My son, Zonur."

The crowd's reaction was that of shock and disbelief. This was to be their future king? Many of the villagers were repulsed, that their beloved King would make such an abhorrent creature, and parade him like he was royalty. The crowd roared in anger. Their cry's heard miles away in Strongfair Village where King Max was busy at work, trying to find a way to murder the King.

~~~

While Emma and Dura figured out how to calm their raging subjects, King Max had his own worries to deal with. Reining over a once broken kingdom is not a cake walk. Having subjects disobey you, having a broken and twisted set of rules, whilst simultaneously planning the demise of your mortal enemy is harder than it looks. But King Maximillian made it look easy. Although deep inside of him was a pit of anger and rage that is continuously being fanned. Every day he planned a new tactic on how to "save" his sister and kill the vile man who ruined his life. Although, he wouldn't know it, but this untamable obsession with killing Dura would be what helped him spiral into insanity. That once innocent and scared child, becoming a monster stoppable by no one.

One day, when his anger was out of control, the nice caring mask he put up for his subjects shattered. That day was like any other, he was in a meeting with the royal guards and higher ups of the village. It was thew day he decided to formally announce the continuation of the war on Rogthun's village.

"Today, marks the rekindling of the war against those retched creatures. They shall regret the day they decided to fuck with my village," he said, raising his arm in triumph. Quickly after his statement the nobles began to murmur. "Is he crazy?", one of them muttered. "What about King William's deal?" another said under their breath. "What about Emma, she was taken as a sacrifice so that we shall be free," another said, loud enough to perk up the ears of Max.

"Excuse me?" Max exclaimed, his eyes beginning to twitch in anger. The murmurs stopped instantly. The man who shared his concerns too loudly sweating profusely for he knew he had messed up.

"Firstly," he said forcefully. "Do not ever speak her name again. Her beautiful name doesn't deserve to be defiled by your retched diction. Secondly, my father was a weak, selfish, sorry excuse for a man. He had no right to make that decision. A good king fight for their village. Everyone in it. Especially their won damn daughter. Now if you ever speak of my sister like that or even think about her again, I will take this sword," he yelled, lifting his short sword from its sheath, "And I will decapitate you. Not only will I take off your head, but I will frame it above my throne so that everyone knows what a sorry loser you are!" He screamed maniacally and pressed the sharp end of his sword inches away from the man's eye.

"Do. You. Understand," he said forcefully, emphasizing each word to make his point fully clear.

The man nodded fiercely a dark spot clearly visible on the man's britches. Max then smiled quickly and made one more comment before dismissing the meeting, "Knights, I want two thirds of this army sent to the Rogthun village tomorrow bright and early. You will be my first line of offense against them. This will be a surprise to them so make this attack count. If you succeed in killing King Dura, bring his head back to me. I want that prize up on my wall," he snickers and the knights nod.

"This is the start, I will Emma, and I will bring you back. I will be the king this town really needs!"