Chapter 1

Many years after that fateful day, a creature was born, the first of his kind. His mother was the beautiful captured princess the most gorgeous, angelic, and elegant of her tribe. All the males in the village, and let's face it, some of the females, wanted to wed her. However, before she could be married to one of the power knights in the village she was taken against her will. She was forced to marry the ferocious beast who captured her and become the queen of Dura's territory. However, she tried to get away. Many times. She would flee, running away from her captor, but always to no avail. Although one day she almost made it home.

One night while Dura was in a deep slumber princess Emma tried to escape. She fled through the window and ran as fast as she could. However, one of the guards caught sight of her and warned Dura. Dura, furious at his queen, ran after her and caught her. He grabbed her arm and pushed her to the ground.

"Dura angry! You run from Dura! Why?!" he growled, furious at her attempted to leave again. His strong breath blew her beautiful blonde hair away from her face, revealing her beauty. His eyes softened slightly, then hardened back on her pale alluring face. He would not let her majestic freckles, and soft rosy cheeks sway him.

"What don't you understand? I'm a prisoner! I want to go home!" she yelled back at the beast, her arms furiously swaying to try and break free from Dura.

"You are Dura's Queen! Rule with Dura!" he loosened his grip slightly and brushed a piece of hair from her face. His large hands finding it difficult to navigate the intricate features of his queen's face.

She swatted his hand away quickly, slightly angering Dura, "Don't call me that! I am not you're Queen! I'm Princess Brimsey and I want to go home!" she yelled.

Dura's eyes grew cold. His forehead wrinkled as he grimaced at Emma. He was tired of playing this "game" with her. Without another word, he grabbed Emma by the waist and heaved her over his shoulder. She thrashed and cried out, trying to attract the attention of her village, a mere ten miles away. No matter how much she cried no one could hear her. She was trapped.

For the next few weeks, Emma was held in Dura's throne room. Even though Dura didn't want to do it, he was tired of chasing after his Queen every day. All he wanted was for her to love his kingdom and maybe even love him. Dura, although ignorant, isn't rash. He understands that a human could never love an Orc.

Orc's although seemingly heartless beasts, do feel emotions, and can love. Shocking but true. He would never admit it, but Dura was catching feelings for his prisoner, something unheard of for Orcs. Throughout the years of Orc and human rivalry never has an Orc fallen in love with a human. It is a despicable act frowned upon within both societies. Sometimes, naïve children in human villages would imagine how it would be for an Orc to fall in love with a human, but terrified parents would scold even the slightest of those notions. Orc, human, relationships are strictly professional. Either your villages hate each other, or your villages are cordial. That's it. Whenever a small child would tell their parents they wanted to marry an Orc, every time, they would tell the same story. A story that sends chills down Princess Emma's spine every time Dura looks at her.

The story told by parents in every human village is about a human who fell in love with an Orc. One day, while the Orc's village was raiding her home, the woman decided to try and make the Orc fall in love with her. To do this, she let the Orc capture her. On her own free will, she left her beautiful, high-class village and let the Orc take her prisoner. For days, weeks, even months she tried to seduce the Orc. Till one day, the Orc, fed up with the girls pestering, tore the woman in half and ate her. Yes, you may be wondering, "why would a parent tell their child this story?" Well, as far as humans know, this could be true. And that is why Emma was so adamant about escaping, she didn't want to end up as a real-life version of that folk tale.