Chapter 4

As King Maximillian's rein over Strongfair Village began, and his people and the village began to thrive, another village was also beginning to flourish, and new members were joining. Like humans, there are times where more babies are conceived in an Orc village. This usually occurs in the icy winters where partners find comfort cozying up to each other for warmth. And this was no different for the Rogthun tribe. Many Orc women gleefully ran to their mates and exclaimed happily of their new future family member. Every family but the Rogthun's themselves. Being an interspecies relationship like Emma and Dura comes many challenges. The pair never even thought to try and conceive, because as far as they knew it wasn't possible. Plus, they had never thought to try and pleasure themselves in that way.

This winter, in particular, was a treacherous one. The temperatures were breaking record lows, the snow piled up day after day, and tribe members were finding new and creative ways to stay warm. Every day the conditions worsened. It was as if the world was trapped inside a freezer. Soon enough, the natural ways of keeping warm were not enough. No blanket, fire, or hot beverage could mask the frigid weather. Snow piled up, ten feet in height surrounding the walls of the village. Not only were the villagers freezing to death, but now they were trapped inside with no way out. The supplies they stocked up would have to last them the rest of the frosty season.

But one stormy cold day in winter, Emma, huddled up in many layers of blankets and clothing was beginning to freeze. The temperature was negative fifty, a record low for the area they lived in. Nothing was keeping the fair Queen's body warm. Nothing could keep her frail body from freezing from the inside out. She only had one option, one that even though she loved Dura, scared her to death. But she needed to try it, or she might die. And that she did. For the first time in history, an interspecies couple became one. They could finally consummate their marriage and show how much they loved each other!

For the rest of the winter season, Emma, like the other female Orcs in the village, kept warm snuggled up to her husband after a long day of ruling. After that month, Emma began to feel we. Every day, she was moody, agitated, fatigued, and sometimes even nauseous. She was not familiar with these symptoms and just assumed she ate some bad food. But as the weeks and months went by, her stomach grew, and grew, and grew! After a while, she got the hint. She was pregnant! But how could that be? She's a human and Dura is an orc! That should be impossible. All she could think is that it was a miracle. She could finally have the family she always wanted.

After nine months, a baby was born, the first of his kind. Although his parents loved him to death, he was sure to get a lot of criticism throughout his life. But all that mattered, is that he had a loving and supportive family to call home. The baby, named Zonur Brimsey-Rogthun, was the first-half Orc in existence.

~~~

Meanwhile, at the Strongfair Village, King Maximillian was creating an army one that he would train to destroy Dura Rogthun's village. An army that would save his sister.

Max, clutching a portrait of his sister in his arms, sobbed loudly in his chamber, "Emma, I'm so sorry I was weak. I could have saved you, saved us, saved the village, saved...dad. But I will avenge you! I will find the man who took you and I will kill him! I miss you..."

It has been a few months since his rein over the village began, and even longer since his beloved sister was taken from him. At this point, all hope was lost at the thought of his sister coming back to him alive. He didn't want to believe it, but from past experience, all human prisoners of Orcs are killed within a few days. In his eyes, the same fate must have befallen on his poor younger sister.

As Max continued to sob over what he assumed to be his dead sister, one of his scouting soldiers entered his chambers. Max hearing this, quickly wiped the tears from his face.

"Master, I have some news for you," the soldier stated as he entered the chambers, bowing before his king.

"What is it," King Max questioned, his furrowed brows raising slightly out of curiosity.

"Well, firstly, King Dura's village is thriving as well as their army."

"And?" The king's patience was thinning, especially at the thought of Dura and his village.

"Well, while I was scouting I saw a woman....a human," he said, resting his helmet on his chest and waiting for the king's response.

Max's eyes widened. Could it be? Could his beloved sister still be alive? A million thoughts rushed through his mind. How could it be her? Orcs are savage beasts and are known for having no mercy. It had been at least two years since she was taken and he hadn't killed her? He was not going to get his hopes up and be disappointed when it wasn't her.

"Is it-" he started to speak as the soldier nodded.

Tears quickly began forming in the king's eyes. The sister he thought was dead was alive and thriving. He could finally rest knowing that his beloved sister, the last person he cared about was safe. Now that it is clear to him that his sister is alive, it is time for the hard part. Taking over the thriving village and rescuing her. There were many risks involved, many things Max would have to figure out.  Max would try and try again to take over Dura's village and save his sister. But every time to no avail. It would take him eighteen years filled with anger and resentment to devise and put into effect a plan to save Emma. However, his anger would consume him. Quickly the objective of saving his sister would die out. He wanted Dura dead, the orc who ruined his village and destroyed his family. He would not stop until Dura's head was given to him on a stake.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, this chapter would have been 5,000 words if I continued it from here. Thank you, everyone, for your patience and I'm so happy to be back writing.