chapter 11: a day with Malfoy

Start from the beginning

Anyhow, enough of the worrying...I might as well put myself to use as I lay here in my dreadful sorrow. I looked around the room, scanning it for something useful. 

There! A beautiful blue and pink book sat beside me, on my dresser. It was a book about...I looked over the front page...frogs...uhhh. I groaned with a horrible passion, I'm stuck in bed with a book to read...about frogs.

I rolled my eyes as I lifted open the heavy cover. I skimmed it with my eyes...so boring.

I would rather wallow in my own misery than read this dreadful excuse for a book!!

I slammed the thing shut and placed it back on my dresser, crossing my arms in annoyance.

Ron stirred awake by the sound of it. His eyes fluttered open, but barely...he was clinging to his liveliness with a single shred. He looked around with squinted eyes, huffing deeply through his nose.

"Oh, goodmorning, Eve," his groggy voice spoke. He allowed his head to fall back into his pillow, but not for sleep...for comfort until he was fully awake.

"No...tis not a good morning atall...I can't move a single thing! And I'm bored out of my mind!" I ranted, blinking rapidly at him. 

He opened his eyes a bit wider, "-sorry to hear that," his voice was raspy and cold...and rather deep. I suppose the mornings truly do take a toll on people.

He yawned deeply, inhaling with a wide mouth.

"It's no trouble...I just wished that blasted boy, Malfoy, would hurry back...I want to go to class!" I insisted, my arms held to my chest tightly in my crossed position.

Ron's eyes flew open, "You're kidding right? Not only is Draco not going to let you go...I'm not...you've hard a bad night and there's no need for you to try to force yourself to listen to lectures all day," he folded the covers neatly as he stood up.

"Besides, Malfoy will be busy tending to you while I go to classes, that way...I can tell you all about them," he walked over towards me, scooching my body over to make room for himself.

"No! Weasleberry, you cannot leave me with him... ALL DAY!" I groaned, looking up at him with a pleading face. He sat down beside me and extended his body comfortabely.

"As much as I want to stay..." he grinned, "I can't, Hermione and Harry will be worried and Draco has insisted that he has his stay with you."

I closed my eyes tightly, "You're kidding."

Ron glanced down at  me, "I think he feels bad for his little freakout last night..."

I shot up a look, "Oh...you heard that?"

He nodded, "Didn't want to interfere...Malfoy has had a hard life, but he doesn't need to make it hard for everyone else. I think he just wants to make it up to you...and Blaise was his friend...I think he feels responsible."

I gulped as I set my eyes on the window, "I hope he doesn't eat himself up over this...it wasn't anywhere near his fault."

Ron scanned my worried face, "Relax, he'll be fine."

Draco's pov:

I grabbed a bag and filled it full with some breakfast foods. Enough to last the two of us for breakfast. Ron and I had agreed that I take care of her today, and he could go to classes and get everyone caught up on last night's events. I agreed, obviously, and now I'm heading up to her room.

I enjoyed the view of the great, long windows as I made my way up the staircases and down the corridors...yet, something inside of me knew that my old friend, Blaise, lay at the bottom...in pain and partly dead.