slytherin

AUTHOR'S NOTE: so, I know the first chapter might be a bit boring...but I promise that it will help you understand future chapters! also...listening to music while you read makes it feel like a movie...kinda...sorda...anyways, tootles!

Eve's Pov:

I have arrived at Hogwarts and I have to admit I am quite disappointed in the school's ability to place me correctly. While the school is quite beautiful, and I am sure that the teachers and classes will be thrilling and educational; I am disappointed about a matter that is far worse than classes. I am disappointed because I am a Slytherin.

I simply know I am not a Slytherin at heart...although I am a pureblood, and your blood seems to matter greatly to the people in this house. I would much rather be a Gryffindor...or a Hufflepuff...or even a Ravenclaw! I just want to get out of this dreadful house!! A Slytherin...can you actually believe it?!?!

Besides my complaining, I don't think my classes will be all that bad. I'm taking all the usual...Transfigurations, Charms, Potions, History of Magic, Defence Against the Dark Arts, Astronomy, and Herbology and I am taking two electives...of which I haven't quite chosen yet since I'm new and I haven't a clue where to go or who to talk to.

This is my first year attending Hogwarts...but I am technically a fourth year. I have practiced magic somewhat with my parents...I guess I was considered homeschooled, but I wanted to get out and explore more of what I was missing so I am now attending Hogwarts. I've heard we have a special surprise for the year ahead, something about a man named Dumble-door...quite an odd name actually, but I take that he's a pretty big deal around here. I am currently deep in thought as to how one is supposed to make friends? How on earth do you do such a thing? Anyhow...I-

My thoughts were interrupted, I am somewhat enraged...and somehow I feel tingly in my stomach...what is that??!!!!

Knock. knock. knock.

Whoever could that be? It was nearly seven p.m. I have only arrived and unpacked to an extent...maybe it's my roommate!!

I hurriedly threw my bag onto my bed and ran to fetch the door.

As I squeaked the door open, I saw a girl and two boys behind it. They walked in, seeming oblivious to me standing in front of them.

"What classes are you taking this year, Hermione?" an orange-headed boy asked.

The girl gently set her books on the bed and turned to face him, "I haven't looked yet, Ron...would you lay off for a moment please?"

The boy sighed, rolling his eyes...suddenly he caught sight of me standing by my bed.

Ron's pov:

Hermione was being a pain today...she wouldn't talk to me much of the day and when she did, she was short and snappy. She had no problem talking to Harry...I'd say they've gotten rather close with each other all in all.

We're walking to her room, now, she has a new roommate this year...I believe I heard some rumors of her being a Slytherin...why would Hermione be partnered with a Slytherin? Bloody hell! Hermione was the last person who ought to be bunking with a girl like that.

Anyways, we're standing in front of the door now, waiting for her to let us in. Perhaps I'll try to speak to Hermione again...maybe I'll get an answer instead of mumbles and stern glares.

"What classes are you taking, Hermione?" I asked, trying to be as sweet as possible. Why was she being such a prude today? Honestly.

She set her books onto her bed as she turned back around, her fluffy locks of hair floating around her head, "I haven't looked yet, Ron...would you lay off for a moment please?"