chapter 7: Blaise...Zabini

Eve's pov:

"WEASLEBERRY!" I shouted, running to his side quickly.

I scooched myself beside of him, cuddling my body up against his, "What's happened?"

His head remained inside his hands as he groaned and muffled a few words.

I shook my head, "I didn't hear you?" I informed, "-can you repeat that?"

He lay silent for a moment then his body began to shift.

He slowly looked up at me, glancing around at a few of the nearby students watching.

"Weasleberry!" I gasped, scooting myself so close I was practically on top of him. I traced his black eye with my finger, causing him to flinch and wince in pain...I hurriedly removed my finger.

I couldn't help but clench my teeth in anger, "Who did this to you, Ron?"

Ron's pov:

I knew she was mad as soon as I heard her say my real name...but I couldn't tell her why I have a black eye could I? Well...I might as well tell you-

I had been waiting for Mangle outside the door for nearly two minutes, but the smell of food had wafted out of the dining hall and had found its way right to my nose.

I realized how terribly hungry I was and my legs just began to lead me into the hall...my mind screaming NO NO...but my body carried on.

I ended up stuffing my face with some of Harry's food, but that was when the three of us overheard Blaise going on about Cedric and Eve smogging in the bathroom.

I could've sworn that my heart beat right out of my chest! But it was, in fact, still intact to my body...but that was when I realized, I had to do something!

I wasn't the only one who heard, Cedric was making his way over to Zabini...a horribly cruel look plastered on his face.

Eve's pov:

Ron is apparently talking to himself, but I'm hearing all of this! Once I find out what happened...Zabini is going to get whooped.

Ron's pov:

Anyways, I decided to approach Zabini carefully, just being nice and all.

"Hey...Zabini..." I said, quite timidly, "Can you tell me about the whole Cedric and Eve thing?"

Blaise looked at me cautiously and looked me over, "Fair enough, Weaslebee...come here-" he motioned for me to join him and a few other Slytherin boys who were all crowded around him at a table. I smiled sheepishly and pushed past a few of the boys to take a seat beside Blaise. He started going on and on about how Draco was talking about Eve and Cedric kissing in the bathroom stall.

Zabini was interrupted my an angry Cedric pulling his wand out on him, which is why I stepped in between them and put my hands up.

"Boys! Boys!" I yelled, looking at them both, "Let's be rational here..."

Cedric squinted evilly at Blaise, "Stop spreading lies, Zabini, especially when the girl won't even go near you!" he put his wand somewhere inside his robes.

Zabini chuckled, "Stupid little Hufflepuff...why don't you ask her tomorrow who's the better kisser...thataway she'll have another guy to compare yours too!"

He looked behind him as the student crowds cackled, which made him grin.

Cedric huffed...but I swung. That Zabini got a right hook right into the side of his lopsided head...well...it's lopsided now.