chapter 11: a day with Malfoy

Eve's pov:

I woke up in pain. My side was hurting profusely, and only adding to my suffering, my arms were throbbing since I had massive rings of bruises. My neck was covered in the horrible markings from Blaise that shone a vibrant shade of purple and some red or even light pink.

I shook away the pain as I looked around my room. It was daylight out, my window allowed the sun to seep through just slightly enough to tell me so. Ron was still deep in slumber, snoring away and mumbling on about some type of candy...

Since no one else was here, I decided to get up and get my day started. I ought to try to have a better day than I had yesterday...although, I believe any day would be chosen over that. 

I struggled to my feet. My legs ached and cramped in every direction I moved them. As I groaned through the pain, my two numb feet finally found the coldness of the floor. 

As I shivered with chills, I couldn't help but remember Blaise's cold hands sending me the same type of chills...maybe getting up was a bad idea.

I sat in silence as I stared down at my feet in anger, why couldn't I do it?

Draco's pov:

I felt as if Eve had seen through my act last night. I didn't like that feeling...yet I wanted her...and only her to understand, if that makes sense? It felt good hearing someone relate to me and putting it into words...it felt good to know that I wasn't the only one.

I was taking a shower, deep in thoughts and rather deep in worry...Eve was alone in her room with Weaslebee...and although I wasn't as jealous as I was last night, I was scared to leave her again. What if Blaise...or Pansy...or any of the other Slytherin's tried another stunt like that? Eve would be ruined...

Besides, after a few days of rest and some food...Eve may be feeling back to normal, but I knew I wouldn't be. My bestest of pals had betrayed me...and then hurt someone of whom he knew I cared for. I don't care for people often...and when I do, it breaks me inside.

I rinsed the shampoo out of my hair under the steady stream of hot water. The room was foggy since I had been in the shower for nearly twenty minutes. I hadn't even used the time to bathe, really...I was just pondering.

Eve's pov:

I wonder when Draco will be here...maybe he could help me to the bathroom at least. I need to take a shower and start my day off with a good amount of accomplishments.

I didn't want to wake Ron up from his slumber...seeing as he's barely gotten any sleep during the past few days.

I sighed as I highered my feet back into bed...I decided to stay in bed. It was too hard for me to move...and when I did, every inch of me wrinched in pain.

Draco's pov:

I'm dressed now...in my pajamas again...I didn't bother dressing for class today, seeing as I wasn't going. I combed my hair through with a few squirts of gel and played with it until it looked well-kept.

I was planning on sneaking down into the dining hall before the majority of students showed up...that way I could bring Eve up something to eat.

Eve's pov:

I was bored out of my mind...but it was preoccupied with thoughts. I couldn't wrap my head around how utterly terrible last night had been. I wonder what Draco had done with his body?

My head was a newly-found habitat, growing all sorts of crazy theories and memories blossoming constantly. A wind blows through every now and again, bring through the aroma of Blaise's cologne smothering my face.