Chapter Three: Once you Start you can't Stop

Start from the beginning

Valentine was no Lord Voldemort.

She was just as proficient in magic but she upped Tom in one single thing.

Her vast vast ability to love people.

And that made her much more dangerous.

Tom had no weakness. He could care less about what happened to people other than himself.

Valentine had a weakness....

A weakness that made her all the more deadly. She had something to lose.

And that in itself was enough motive to make him pause.

"Darling!!!" Someone calls him and the man enters the room, grinning.

His heart warmed slightly at the sight and he gave a slight nod.

"Are you ready Albus?"  Grindelwald smirks at him, mismatched eyes gleaming in an eager frenzy.

Albus turns around and then smirks into the fog.

Valentine was getting too comfortable with her current situation.

Guess it was time to break her even more.

"I'm ready." Albus nods and then the spell was cast with a single thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tom Riddle was drowning.

He couldn't move. He couldn't think. He was stuck.

There was nothing around him. Nothing at all. A black void continued for miles and miles far beyond his scope of perception.

He was terrified at first. He thought that old crone had murdered him. He thought he had died and the fear almost suffocated him.

Yet if this was death.... then why was it so boring?

Wouldn't Abaddon come to dangle him by his toenails or whatever.

And where was Valentine?

His answer came when he heard her screams.

He couldn't see her but god could he hear her. She screamed when she saw him and started sobbing. "TOM!!! NOO!!" And her cries had given him goosebumps.

"Tom baby please wake up. I love you."

The words had warmed him slightly and if she'd been standing beside him, he'd probably have wrapped an arm around her or something, just to feel her warmth even more.

A coma. He'd been put into a bloody coma. No spells worked here and none of his mindless cursing seemed to affect his subconscious at all.

He was stuck in an endless void of madness with only Valentine's voice to keep him sane. He could only hear her. He could hear her talking to Ariana and Aberforth yet he never heard their end of the conversation... only hers.

Every day was the same thing over and over again and he seemed to look forward to having Valentine speak to him.

She always did.

She never left him alone for too long.

And once again Tom Riddle found himself feeling something towards this girl. Which should have been impossible.... He shouldn't care -couldn't care.

He was furious with her... yes. He vowed to cause her the same amount of pain he'd felt when Albus informed him of her betrayal.

That she wasn't who she'd said she was. That she was a fraud. A liar.

She had wanted to kill him. HIM!!! The nerve of that girl.

He couldn't, however, say that she didn't have guts or his respect.

The anger felt was much less than the stabbing betrayal. He felt empty again.... hollow, knowing that all that time she had just wanted to kill him.

No- that wasn't true.

Tom didn't think that at one point upon meeting the girl, she had wanted to murder him in cold blood... had she wanted to kill him that very first day? That day when she showed him her true nature.

For the first time in his pathetic life, Tom had felt intimidated.

Tom Riddle didn't even think he could trust her anymore. He didn't think he would ever want to trust her again.

Valentine Evans? What kind of a last name was that.

Apparently that was who she really was.

Tom had thought he knew her like the back of his hand ..... but he knew nothing -absolutely nothing about that beautiful, heartfelt girl who'd managed to ensnare him.

He had to push her out. Had to hurt her.

He had to destroy her. Rid himself of the one weakness he'd seemed to grow to have.

Albus Dumbledore was wrong on one thing.

Tom Riddle's demise wouldn't be as easy to achieve as Albus had hoped.

Tom did not have something to lose.... he had someone.

Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it

J.K. Rowling