CHAPTER SIXTEEN ━ DOOMSDAY

En başından başla

"Diego, Jesus!"

"Diego," Poet said, stepping closer to him and hugging him around his neck. Diego reacted quickly, hugging her tight, while the man beside him talked to the others. "Where were you?"

"See it in my head, sweets."

Poet did so and she shook her head when she saw everything. "So, Lila likes you?"

"Doesn't get the hint," Diego breathed out, kissing her forehead as they separated.

"And you're E2," the short man excitedly said, shaking her hand rather harshly. Poet let out a sound of surprise and Diego placed his own hand on top of their hands, separating them as soon as he heard his girlfriend's shoulder pop.

"Ray, this is my other brother and Poet's boyfriend, Diego," Allison introduced, watching as her brother walked towards her husband.

"Hey, man," Diego started. "Sorry to crash in like this."

He stuck out his hand and waited until the man shook it. When he did, Diego turned around and went back to Poet's side, watching as the girl would levitate the dead, wrapped body here and there.

"Hey, who is this guy?" Klaus asked, referring to the beaming man.

"Herb," Diego answered. "He worked with Five at the Commission."

"The Commission?"

"We monitor and maintain the time-space continuum," Herb explained and Poet nodded as Klaus let out a small "okay".

"No, for real. I was just there," he said. "It's awesome," he quickly added before getting to the point. "Okay, I got to look at the timeline. I know what causes doomsday. It's Vanya."

"Wait, what?" Allison questioned just as the others looked at Diego with a confused look. "How?"

"Gonna blow up the federal building at Dealey Plaza just as the president's passing through in less than one hour," the short-haired man answered, glancing at his watch. "We gotta find her and stop her, now."

"Wait, Vanya kills the president."

"No, no, no," Diego immediately replied. "See, the explosion causes the motorcade to drive off. Kennedy lives. Everybody thinks Russia's behind it, including the president. He strikes back, they strike back. Before you know it, it's raining nukes."

"Okay, um..."

"Jesus..."

"Holy shit."

"Ray?" Allison immediately looked at her husband who started to hyperventilate. "Ray, baby." He started panting and she walked towards him. "Are... Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not okay."

"Okay."

"First of all, this son of a bitch beams into our living room—"

"He called your friend a son of a bitch," Poet mumbled to Diego who nodded and continued watching Allison's husband.

"—with yet another one of your brothers, and he's talking about stopping one of your sisters from blowing up some buildings, and I got a dead man wrapped up in my best rug, babe."

"Wow," Poet mused, turning to look at Klaus. "This is like watching a movie."

"Right?"

"Or we can have that shampooed," Herb said after Ray finished his rant. He turned to look at the others. "We also provide body removal services."

Poet nodded and the three watched as Allison and Ray talked before sharing a kiss. They looked away and Klaus cleared his throat.

"So, are you two gonna share a kiss or do I have to push your heads together?" He asked his friend and brother. Poet and Diego glanced at each other and looked back at him. "Well? Go on."

"Oh, my god."

Poet and Diego turned to look at each other and stared at the other.

"I know you must've been worried," Diego mumbled. "I'm sorry."

"It wasn't your fault you got kidnapped. No one loves that."

Diego chuckled and dipped his head down, kissing her quickly and separating, only to see Klaus and Herb staring at the two with wide smiles.

"Let's go," Diego whispered and Poet nodded, watching as Allison separated from her husband and walked towards the three. The four immediately walked out, closing the door behind them, and Diego and Poet held hands.

"Hopefully we'll get there in time."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I'm going to update as much as
I can, especially since I want to
write another story based on
someone who deserves a fic too.
Hints will soon be added on my
message board so check once in a bit
on who it's going to be about :)

But thanks for 8k followers ❤️