Chapter 11

Temptation it would seem was not only the devils lure to trap innocent souls but it could also be for demented creatures like the boy himself . As he watches the flower ,take slow breathes. He secretly wishes that she loved and cared for him. That she at least knew him and like other creatures in his domain , she came to obey him. Little did he know that fate wouldn't have it as he wished. This is the only part that excites me from this tale . That hope is a thing with feathers and good can overcome bad. Light can out shadow the dark and good things still exist. But like the devil, the boy couldn't stop at just stealing but also destroying and I'm saddened to live for telling this tale .

As she falls . Sebastian flies in to see if she will wake up and I run for fear of him touching her. 

" don't touch the flower , you old crone  !" I scream.

 Rushing down to touch her cheek and brushing a strand of hair away from her face . She looks peaceful when she sleeps .
I carry her on my shoulder like a bag of four and carry her into the house . As I put her down she stiffens and I almost drop her.  Once she's asleep in the grand guest room, I leave out to confront Sebastian.

   ". I don't trust you around her . Don't touch her. This was enough ". I say looking at her 

  ". Master , if I may .."

   I nod my head to let him continue talking 

   ". You didn't thank me ," 

  " Thank you ?"  I question.  ". For what Sebastian. Almost ruining everything " I add.

  The old crone laughs and adds  " You know for   what " he finishes . 

  Dropping his wings  and flying out of the house , I  gaze at the flower  from the hallway and  I can't help   but surpress a smile. If only I could keep her here . Later I will try waking her up but it takes hours or even days till one wakes up from something like this. What's worse is he put it on her hair , he didn't measure how much he gave her . Stupid bird.

Impatient , watching her and wanting to wake her up l I try to go around the garden creating or making up things I know she'll believe. Like how we met . What we are , who she is and the like. Though I don't know what to tell her . do I tell her I'm her brother or her lover ? that's tricky to go around. 

I finish making up the fibs and go inside to sleep. As I reach the handle of the door. I hear a loud thud and I know she's awake. 

I run to go inside but for some reason the door isn't opening and I can't get the door open.

" Sebastian , did you lock the door ? Sebastian !! Sebastian !!! Open this door . Rose , rose, rose I'm coming "

     I jump quickly to the window and smash it open from the outside and shatters of glass can be seen everywhere . Even if she wasn't awake  before . I have good reason to believe now she will. 

   As I quickly look around the room, she's awake  looking at me and around the room to make sense of what's happening . 

   " rose my love , your awake " I say 

    She shrinks back holding a candlestick and facing it towards my direction. 

   " who are you . Where am I . Where's my mother ". She says in a surprising kind and firm tone.

   Taken aback by her candlestick and instincts I start to laugh . It just surprises me and I can't help it . I can't stop laughing . She look at me horrified as if I were psychopathic. 

    I open the door of her room and call Sebastian.  

   " Sebastian, did you lock the main door of the house " I ask 

   " no," he replies .

  I look at him with a questioning look.

    " no, master ", he finalizes and I nod my head. 

   I look at the girl and her  amazement at the bird but that's not what she  seems to be scared of. She happens to be more scared of me than  a talking bird, one that  I'm sure she's never seen in her life .  I try to move closer but she directs the candlestick at me and points  it like it's a sword. I dart back surprised by her violent nature . I've never seen this side of her. 

   " rose , it's just me" I reply.

   " why do you keep calling me that . My name isn't rose ". She finishes .

   I open my mouth in shock. So, she knows . Does she ? I give her a darting  grin

   "So you know ?" . I smile . 

   " who are you and what am I doing here ?"  She asks.

   Surprised by the sudden turn of events i sit next to her laughing and narrate the whole thing I had. 

  " I don't believe you " she says 

   " well you should , my love " 

   " where's my mother , I know she's here "  she says .

   I can't help laughing now . Her mother ? I've never seen that thing since I met her, she could be a figment of her imagination at this point . She might not even have a mother and be lying to me from the start. But I doubt, she can lie .

   I look at her and narrate the truth from the start  but she  still seems to be in disbelief .   This woman seems to be my entertainment . 

   ". My love , look I don't know what you want me to tell you . Who do you think you are "  I  ask.

   " my name is Julia, I'm 16 " she says .

  Then immediately after she starts a shaking  and  I try to hold her in place .  I time her  movements  and before she reaches 30 seconds she  gets up like nothing happens .

   ". Rose ?" I ask 

   She reaches her hand   to shake mine ". I'm Ann" she says. And I know something terrible has happened .

   What on earth   did I do ?