[002] LUMINARY OF THE STARS.

Start from the beginning

"Don't blame yourself, you weren't responsible for anyone's death. Not yours, not mine, not Akamastu-San's, no one's.  You have to stay hopeful in these situations!"

Sonia gave a soft smile, cupping her hands in front of her and smiling at the two boys. Her head tilted a bit, hair following the movement as she watched the two.

"If you'd like, you two can head back to Saihara's room," Sonia offered, making Kaito lean closer into the detective. "Do you want to, sidekick?"

Shuichi nodded, making the astronaut eagerly stand up and face the doctor. Sonia gave a smile, including a thumbs-up before turning around on her heels to face a different doctor.

Kaito turned his body toward the detective, before staggering behind him and clamping his fists onto the handles of the back. A smile plastered against his features as he halted behind the wheelchair.

"See you later, Dr. Nevermind-Sama!"

☽༓☾

The wheels of the wheelchair scattered across the flooring as the astronaut continued to push Shuichi to his hospital room. Once again, for the second time today, he found himself getting pushed along the narrow hallway of lights. Stares from everyone who passed, which Kaito didn't seem to acknowledge.

Shuichi closed his eyes, tuning out each individual judgmental stare and conversation blooming whilst he was wheeled down the hallway.

Each time that darkness enveloped his vision, flashes of dying coursed through his being. The pain, screams, crying, every inch of his death reminiscent inside his mind. Every nook and cranny he failed to pick up before.

Himiko's desperate cries and screams for Shuichi, her throat collapsing into a raspy wail as she reached out for his hand. Her cheeks swelled into balloon-like circles as she bellowed on the ground.

The feeling of his ribs snapping at every move he made, pushing and scraping against his insides. Blood forcing its way out of his mouth, coating his lungs as his entire body warmed into a fiery sensation of burning. The rock only seemingly getting heavier the more he squirmed for release.

Not to mention the fire spreading up from his leg, igniting against his skin as it melted and scorched around the bone. His clothing ashing into nothing but a pile of dust, the skin exposed to both the heating fire and frigid air.

The moment the glass shard met itself with his head, cracking his skull as the remnant pieces of debris clashed around the inside of his head. His brain moving and plunging around as the grey lump was met with the glass. The ball of nerves bursting into a clump of blood and cells.

Everywhere, every inch of his body had been stimulated with pain. Fire infecting his body, his ribs collapsing in on itself, desperately choking out blood, his skull being shattered and brain being mushed around like old food on a plate.

"Sidekick, are you alright?"

Kaito's voice snapped him out of his trance, Shuichi's eyes bolting open as he grabbed onto the male's shoulders for support.

Shuichi looked around the room, his eyes met with the familiarity of his hospital room. An icy sigh parted from his lips, a breath releasing and heaving itself out of his chest. Kaito had been gazing at the male's face, his broad arms holding onto the paralyzed-detective's forearms. He was kneeling in front of the wheelchair, a sheet of worry placed against his face.

A nod emitted from Shuichi's strained neck, making Kaito shakily release his tense hands from the detective's arms.

"That's good. You were spacing out, and I guess it worried me...Even when I called your name you didn't answer."