Chapter 8: I understand that reference

Amelia POV
" He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce asked.
"Loki's gonna drag this out-." Steve stated, before I interrupted him.
"So, Thor what's his plan?" I questioned Thor.
" He has an army called the chitauri, that none of Asgard nor any world know. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. Return, I suspect the tesseract." Thor explained to us. There was a short silence to get everything Thor said processed in our heads until Steve spoke up.
" An army, from outer space." Steve questioned. I thought about what Steve had just said the only to get an army from outer space into our atmosphere, is by opening a portal.
" So he's building another portal." I stated looking at everyone, as realization gets processed on their faces.
" That's what he needs Eric Selvig for." Bruce concluded.
" Selvig?" Thor asked confused on what would Loki want to do with Eric.
" He's an astrophysicist." Bruce told Thor.
" He's a friend." Thor said. I looked at him confused on how he could possibly know Eric.
" Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with others." Natasha said with sadness. I knew who she was talking about-Clint, Loki took Clint, and is mind controlling him some how.
" I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve stated suspiciously on what Loki plans to do next.
" I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guys brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him." Bruce said, I stifled a laugh, when Thor looked at like he was on red bull.
" I don't care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother." Thor said.
" He killed 80 people in two days." Natasha growled. Thor turned his attention to her. " He's adopted." He easily said as if he had set off a fire cracker at Stark Tower.
" Iridium, what did they need iridium for?" Bruce questioned looking puzzled. Dad walks in with Phil where everyone gathered to discuss Loki.
" It's a stabilizing agent." Dad said smartly as possible, while whispering something to Phil.
" Means that the portal won't collapse on its self like it did at S.H.I.EL.D." Dad explained.
" No hard feelings Point Break, you've gotta mean swing." Dad said to Thor. " Also, means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants." Dad concluded. Dad asked one of the carrier bridge techs to raise the monitors.
" That man is playing gallaga!" dad said as Steve looking at him in confusion.
" Though we wouldn't notice, but we did." Dad said looking at one of the computer monitors, then covers one eye. I stand beside dad an do the same.
" How does Fury see these?" I questioned. Agent Hills looks at me like I just jumped off a cliff and into the flaming pit of Tartarus. Yes, I know my Greek mythology ok, it's my second hobby to building suites with my dad.
" He turns." Agent Hills said. Dad and I looked at each other. "Sounds exhausting." We both say at the same time.
" The rest of the raw materials, agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easy. Only major component he needs a power source. A high energy, density that can kick start the cube." Dad explained.
" When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?" Agent Hills questioned dad still slightly shocked that he knew what thermonuclear astrophysics was.
" Last night. The packet, selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?" Dad stated/asked trying to be smart.
"Does Loki need a particular kind of power source?" Steve asked.
"He's got to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Bruce somewhat explained.
"Unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." Dad said. I have no idea what my dad is talking about what so ever. Even though he's a genius, billionaire, play boy, philanthropist, he has brains.
"Well if he could do that, he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion at any reactor on the planet." Bruce explained.
"Finally someone who speaks English." Dad praised. I don't think that's English talk I think that's science talk I though.
"Is that what just happened?" Steve asked. Dad walks over to talk to bruce.
"It's good to meet you, Dr.Banner. You're working on anti-election collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster." Dad said happily.
"Thank." bruce said slowly and questionably.
"Oh, ignore that last part Bruce, he doesn't know when to stop talking sometimes." I said insulting dad, as he glared at me.
"Oh, well thanks, who are you may I ask?" Bruce asked.
" I'm Amelia Stark, Tony's daughter, you can call me Emily." I stated while shaking his hand.
" Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping that you two might join him." Director Fury said, as Thor and Steve came strolling into the room.
" Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it awfully works like a Hydra Weapon." Steve stated, looking at Fury in question.
" I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys?" Fury asked.
" Monkeys? I do not understand?" Thor questioned confused on what the reference ment.
"I do? I understood that reference!" Steve said a little too enthusiastically. As we all face palmed looking at him in wonder on why he just had to survived in the ice in the first place. (Not trying to be mean)