Chapter Fifty Two (last chapter)

//emotional chapter, i cried writing this omg and it's pretty long im sorry//

Blaze;

The scariest things in the world were not the movies, dreadful rollercoasters, or friendships you make here and there but the stuff we have no control over. There was no way I could discontinue my feet from stumbling into the arms of a naïve boy who promised he would show me the purity of life. It frightened me how my walls knocked down so swiftly and ornamented the grounds to show everyone. I felt vulnerable but when I meet his cerulean blues, I ignored the unpredictable environment and earsplitting judgments and gave myself to him. It wasn't the smartest move but his words were too persuasive to think any different.

I knew it wasn't healthy how my self peace weighed on the balance of my relationship with Luke. His words could either be molded with hatred or love, there was never no warning written out in blaring red lights. In a way, I thrived off that thrill of never knowing what the day had in store for me but other times it became exhausting and stressful. I noticed Luke felt the same way at times, I sucked out the joy in him only to store it in my heart.

"Blaze." I looked away from the mirror, twisting my neck to see Luke, who leaned against the door frame. "You look beautiful, ready to go downstairs?"

The lump of apprehension was too large in my throat to reply with words so I bobbed my head, meeting my reflection one last time. My aqua eyes that were outlined with black eyeliner scanned over my maroon dress, my hands lightly grazing my curls that bounced over my shoulders. I released a breath, smiling as I took Luke's hand. He kissed my cheek, a grin breaking out on his clean shaved face while he brought me out of the suite all of us stayed in.

We sauntered into the hallway, no words were shared as we entered the elevator. The two of us filled the small space, a light melody left a box above us and Luke sang along to it. I giggled, his arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me into his chest, where I could hear the fast beats of his heart.

"Nervous?" I asked.

He shyly nodded his head, he parted his lips as his eyes stared deeply into mine. "Can I tell you something?"

"Anything." I told him, hoping to unwind him in the slightest way.

"I can't put my finger on it, but I just have a feeling something bad is going to happen tonight. Is that weird, do you feel it too?" His eyes frantically moved along my features, his shoes tapping along the marble floor. "Or do you think my adrenalin is just high because of all this news? You know my mom told me she's coming here tomorrow, I don't understand why- well that's a lie I do. I don't know this is just so od-"

"Luke." I exhaled, my hand latching onto his. "Relax bubs, relax."

Luke threw his head back, the hand that wasn't holding mine extended up to his blushing face, slipping along his chapped lips that released irregular breaths. I notice his knee jolt forward when the doors opened and we ambled out onto the floor, making our way to the doors that lead to the ballroom. I looked at him one last time before he pushed the door. A purple light automatically illuminating his face, having the smile I fell in love with grow on his lips.

"This is it Luke." I whispered, not knowing if he heard or not.

--

If you were to look through a dirty, worn out dictionary that located somewhere in your closet and found the definition for decision it would state the act or process of deciding; determination, as of a question or doubt, by making a judgment. What it doesn't clarify is how problematic making a decision can be because you have to recognize and be aware of every outcome. The decision I was about to make sent chills down my spine and made me spill my glass of water twice this evening. But I knew what I was about to do would benefit everyone, especially the boy who stood next to me with laugher pouring from his mouth and praises enfolding him.