Chapter Seventeen

Blaze:

The halls were packed with hundreds of diverse faces, spurring words into the crowded area. My weary eyes blankly stared at the chipped blue paint that scattered along my rusty locker. My brain pounded from the excessive thoughts that rammed itself at it. No amount of pills sliding dryly down my throat or prep talks could erase one blue eye fucker from my mind. It's like he poisoned my thoughts with his name.

"Blaze." Michael called my name, racing over towards me.

"Hey." I drowsily greeted him, too exhausted to meet his eyes.

"Damn, trouble sleeping?" He amusingly questioned, pulling at the strings of his hood. "But look, I came to ask you something."

"Which is?"

He deeply exhaled, his eyes scanning the crowd of obnoxious teenagers one last time. "Where's Luke?"

"I don't know." I answered candidly.

Michael rolled his eyes. "Blaze you do."

"Michael." I huffed, taken back with his accusation. "I don't."

"Blaze, Blaze, Blaze." He smirked, shaking his head as he walked closer to me.

"M- Michael." I stuttered, moving backwards towards another locker.

He hammered my locker shut, a devilish grin plastered on his ashen skin. "You and Hemmo went away this weekend, something did happen. I could see the connection between you two even when I was high off my ass."

"Nothing happened." I snarled, piercing my lips into a thin line.

"Don't fucking lie to me." He scowled, rolling his eyes. "Come on." Grabbing my hand he dragged me towards the school's doors. "We're finding him."

My nerves ate at my imagination the whole car ride to my block. I grieved everything I did with Luke, it was a mistake. I didn't like him, nor would I ever. But something still settled inside my stomach, making me incredibly distressed. My finger tips tapped along my thigh and my eyes fixated on my stained white shoe laces that dangled from my feet. The minutes rapidly passed as Michael screamed lyrics from an All Time Low song that burst through his car's speakers.

Second after second, my moments shared with Luke's rolled into my head. Him being drunk, him fighting with Calum, his way of calming me down but acting like that night never happened, his stupid note and of course that night. I merely smiled, my head skimming through our banters and laughs, but I shouldn't of. I needed to hate Luke and I wanted to too.

Michael's car went for a fast stop, having me fling towards the head of his vehicle. With laughter escaping his mouth, he looked over to me, unbuckling himself.

"Blaze." Michael sighed, his abstract eyes scanning my face. "Alright," Slightly laughing to himself he continued. "Okay maybe I was a little harsh back there. Well okay I don't think I was, nor would I give if I was but I don't need Rain beating my ass cause I was a dick. Anyways back to my shot of a motivational speech-"

"Michael st-"

"Look I'm trying to be a friend goddammit!" He hissed, irritated. "God fucking damn woman! As I was saying." Michael glared. "I don't know what went on between Luke and you. But that fucker always shows up to school, wasted or not. If there's one thing I caught on about Luke, is he cannot confront for shit because he lives in a world where nothing can touch him and knock him down. Technically that's kinda true cause he's a giant, like damn th- oh fuck I'm going off track! Fuck this! Bottom line Winters is that, please go talk to him!"

His command sounded more as a plead. As entertained as I was with his lack of attention, I nodded my head, inhaling the filthy air that lingered along his black Mercedes. Michael nodded, waving his hand to follow me. Unbuckling myself, I jumped out of his car to keep up with his tracks. Reaching the top of Luke's front patio's stairs I anticipated for Michael to knock on the door.