Chapter Thirty Seven

Blaze:

The sky was blanketed with a lilac quilt while the frigid air swerved through people, huddled together, cheering for players they knew or had the football. I clapped my numb hands together and screamed Luke’s name breathlessly with Ashton as the seconds were counting down to the end of the game. My eyes broaden in exhilaration as they watched him dash through the grassy filed, the football securely between his protected rips and elbows. It felt like a haze as the whole crowd roared, a blaring sound of a ringer washing over the stands.  Our school’s team circled around him, everyone around us chanting his name while Ashton jumped around like a little boy.

I felt the stand rumble when I noticed a sweaty giant storming over to me with a smile bright enough to decorate a chirstmas tree.  Luke picked me up, wrapping my legs around his waist while he kissed me, passionately but gently. It felt like we were alone for a second, till his teammates drenched the both of us, in which I hoped, was yellow gatorade. Luke was still in a state of euphoria while he laughed harder than I’ve heard him in a while. And as it was my favorite song and I sang along, our laughs both chimed together while he gave my cheek a chaste kiss.

“Looks like you have to change.” Luke stated the obvious and mockingly I copied his voice.

With my fingers laced with his, I followed his steps while he brought me to the stops he had to make before him and I could enter the locker room. I found myself memorized by the way his lips shaped and moved with every pronunciation. Or how his jaw tightened when he laughed or commented on something strictly. I was so engrossed with his features, I forgot that my shirt was soaked and my body ached for heat. I started to care less about that too, because watching Luke engage in conversations about something he was passionate about was worth feeling frozen.

It was foreign to hear Luke get lost in his words about sports or music anymore when he was around me. It was always the deep apprehension of my emotions and how powerful they were and if I was hungry or not. I felt bad, because I knew I was sinking him into the sea of uneasiness but I was too selfish to change anything. It was just the way things settled at and I couldn’t determine if it was fear or laziness that lead us to not fixing anything. I suppose we would always be this beautiful mess.

--

A dim light enveloped the room while Luke and I changed only in the sound of us breathing. “Here.” Luke said, breaking the silence, tossing a jersey towards me.

I cocked my eyebrow up as I unfolded it, my eyes scanning the words they endured. “Hemmings, 28” I read aloud.

“My last name and the day we started to date, January 28.” Luke informed me, buttoning up his flannel.

I threw the jersey over my body, smiling while sauntering over to him. “You really are a hopeless romantic.”

Luke sat down on the wooden bench, hauling me on his lap, positioning his chin in the corner of my neck. “For you, Blaze Nicole Winters, I am a lot of things because I want you happy.” He whispered. “I hope you know that.”

“I do Bubs, I just hope you’re still happy.” I admitted and I noticed the change in his breathing patterns. “Are you happy?” I asked.

“I mean yeah because I have you and everything.” Luke’s voice was low. “But I do get sad when you’re sad.”

I didn’t say anything else, because we both knew I always had a small period of sadness hit me some times during the week. I knew this happened, it just hurt to hear him say it, that my emotions controlled his. I just wanted Luke content all the time and I don’t want him to constantly over think because that shit isn’t fun.

“Remember when your mother lashed out on you last week because she heard you tell your therapist you didn’t like her?” Luke’s voice was dragged down from what seemed like pain as he wrapped his arms tightly around me.

“Yeah.” I deeply exhaled, thinking back to her cold words.

“For two days her words left a bruised on you but you still didn’t bat an eyelash and all I could think of asking was, ‘Why aren’t you crying? That must of hurt like hell?’”.

“It didn’t, everyone gets bruises. Big or small, we all get bruised.” I told him, trying to influence myself more than anything.

“You know it’s okay to cry.” He said and I nodded.

“You make me not want to cry.”

---

short fluffy chapter because why the fuck not and i'll edit this tomorrow 

what’s up everyone I feel like I haven’t updated in years, did anyone care?? Lol

oh and here’s an updated for all my social medias (if anyone wants to follow because I follow back)

Instagram; jackoclifford

Twitter; bruisedmalumm

8 tracks; bruisedmalum *should I make a playlist for bruised (please answer)*

and make sure to check out my calum fic (im writing a mikey one soon)

OHFDHB LUKES TWEET BEFORE ABOUT CAL I COULDN’T FUCKING BREATHE ODJF

question of the day?

daddy calum af or ashton daddy af

DADDY ASHTON AFF AYEE