Chapter Forty One

Blaze;

I didn’t like the feeling of words contained with such resentment escaping through my gritted teeth within a heated disagreement with someone special to me.  My eyes singed when their face would fall and their eyes would glisten with pain that could turn the sky gray. My chest would knot so firmly it would feel as if I couldn’t breathe and in that moment when I acknowledge how I hurt them, I would take it.  I knew how a mind could throb and lips would tremble when the person you loved stepped on you.

It was only with Luke, when the rule I had self-created, blurred out. Maybe it was the way we had such a crappy introduction, or how when he was livid, his voice was taken over by his intense thoughts but when dark words bounced on the walls, I didn’t care about the damage in the moment. I couldn’t pause myself from stating such cruel things, because he just pushed and pushed until everything shattered.

I wouldn’t want to label our current situation like that since we weren’t really communicating like we used to.  Glances would be mutual and my heart wouldn’t race like it used to, it would churn. It could have been my words were too cold, but I didn’t think about that then. My Luke always trailed back to me, with his shiny smile and sloppy kisses; I suppose not this time.

Now, I sat in a bundled of my lavender scented sheets with Rain, who was leisurely crawling out of her stump. Her fingertips played with her green curls as we sat in a moment of silence, recovering from a wave of laughter that hit us. Her phone vibrated against her thigh, we both looked at the message and it was Ashton.

“Hello.” Rain spoke into her phone, putting it on speaker.

“Rain, oh my god- Mich- No Luke- Calum you’re not gay!”

“Ashton?” I questioned into the receiver, hearing a deep sigh of relief.

“Blaze just the person I need. Come to Michael’s.” He demanded, Rain and I’s eyes dilated as they interlocked.

Music flowed into our conversation, the sound of Calum yelling shadowing Ashton’s reasoning. The line went dead and within seconds my phone lit up, with a message from him.

‘He fell into his old patterns.’ It said.

I felt like as a brick was thrown at my stomach.

--

Slushy show stuck to my shoes as Rain and I met the shaking mansion, where cups and joints decorated the covered grass and the smell of alcohol slipped through the bottom of the heavy front door. My hand gripped the freezing knob and twisted, opening up to an environment I didn’t want to be associated with. Rain stood behind me, muttering profanities under her breath as the stench of beer and weed filled our nostrils.  I tugged on her sleeve and hauled her through crowds of intoxicating teens, saying words they’ll regret in the morning. Hastily, I found the three idiots and an irritated Ashton on Michael’s maroon couch. 

“Thank God you’re here Blaze!” Ashton looked up to the unstable chandelier, nodding his head as if he was thanking God. 

“Yeah.” I shifted uncomfortably, grimacing at Luke’s rundown appearance.

Darkness circled his bloodshot eyes, the hand that clenched around his red cup blistered, his face pale. It was when he noticed me and his sober thoughts led him to speak I wanted to scream at him.

“Baby! Want to drink? You look a little tense, maybe we should fuck.” Luke’s words tripped over each other, his left eye winking at me.

His icy hands touched the hem of my shirt, lifting up the material; he smirked at the marks he left on my skin a week ago. “I did that.” Luke told Michael confidently.

I slapped his hand, hearing him hiss. “Luke knock it off.”

Calum slumped into the couch. “Blaze loosen up.”

Michael compiled with a nod of his head; I rolled my eyes. “Ashton why am I even here?”

Ashton didn’t answer.

“This is so pointless, I’m leaving. Rain let’s go.” I turned around only to be pulled back.

“Blaze don’t leave, you want to talk? We can.” Luke suggested, I moved my head to look at Rain and then Ashton who shrugged their shoulders.

Groaning, I reached out for Luke’s hand, helping him up. He stood up wobbly, slanting onto my shoulder as we swerved through dancing, intolerable people. I felt his grip on my small hand tighten when wandering eyes met my body.

The two of us strode out to Michael’s backyard, where not a lot of people stood. The moonlight illuminated his glassy sea blue eyes, I watched as they scanned my face, his teeth grazing over his bottom lip. The cold air smashed against my face while I uselessly waited for something I longed to here.

“I’m really drunk.”

“No shit.” I snapped.

“Blaze I don’t want to fight anymore, this makes me sick and sad and I all I wanted to do was just cuddle with you and maybe fuck I don’t know.” He rambled on.

A smile crept onto my face; this was the Luke I knew.

“Blaze I need to admit something.”

“Go on.”

“I’m in love with you.”    

--

hi babes i really didn't edit this as much as i could becomes im very angry right now and lol i wanna cry but i hope you guys feel great and had a good week!

omg though, luke dropped the ily bomb 

question of that day? 

what makes you upset?

lol a lot lol bye 

love youuuu