Chapter Seven

Blaze:

When you're younger and have flowers dangling from your hair and passionate eyes astounded by the smallest things; life is pure. It's when you start to grow older, you become more experience with what the real world has to offer and that life, isn't purified in any sense. When you sit on the warm summer's grass with a curled up grinned that beams with such innocence, your mind creates a life in which is thoroughly planned. The dreams that reach the universe and the goals you exclaim about at the dinner table pour into your rigid life. It's just, when the grass becomes your bed and the universe transforms into your ceiling; you actually begin to think. And from the scars and burn marks that stick to my skin, I'm living proof that thinking; can attempt to murder you.

My walnut color hair danced with the wind that swept up the crunchy leaves and dirt. The smoke traveled off it's stick and flew into the already contaminated air. My nostrils endured the smell I adored the most, the smoke my lungs ate. The army styled jacket I raced to find this morning, hugged my redden skin. The little amount of heat that swarmed inside it attempted to put the goosebumps that scattered along my body to rest. A dark shadow rang along the brick wall my head exhaustively leaned on. The smoke that escaped from my frequent drags of my happiness blocked the view of the figure stomping over to me.

"Hi." The tone was a mixture of anger and annoyance.

It clicked when the voice flew into my ears, "Luke?"

"Yeah, hi Blaze." He removed one of his hands that rested in his varsity jacket's pocket and waved at me.

I looked at him oddly, "What are you doing here, shouldn't you be at lunch?" I questioned.

"You should be too." He snapped, his face colder than the howling wind.

I ignored his heated attitude and extracted my focus from his face. I peered at the tip of my sweet escape, it was thrilling how the size before me took away so many lives. A heavy sigh left Luke's crude lips as his indigo eyes fixated with the bleak sky.

"Tiffany and I are arguing, once again." He stated. "Supposedly I don't care about anyone when I'm intoxicated. That's bullshit." He huffed, waving his hands in the air.

I stiffed a laugh, a stern look washed over my face, "Luke two weeks ago you threw your keys at her." I retorted, enhancing both of our memories.

He rolled his eyes, I observed how they looked like the ocean's waves during a storm. His teeth chewed on his bottom lip where a piercing appeared. His eyes skipped between my face and the wall that stood in front of us, bursting of words and artwork.

"You know, smoking can kill you." He bluntly announced, his hand snatch the cigarette that laid between my lips.

My eyes widen, and a whimper escaped my trembling lips. My heart cracked at the sight of his foot sliding over my half used cigarette. His azure eyes stared into mine, I blankly stared back.

"Look Blaze I'm sorry." He hesitated. "It's just- you ah- do this on purpose."

I swear, if the weather wasn't at frigid temperatures, fire would emit off my cheeks, "Don't fucking tell me how to live my life. You smoke too, ass." I hissed

"When I'm drunk." He added, slyly smiling, jumping over my attitude.

"Fucking shit!" I exhaled, taking a deep breath of the sharp air.

"Fucking shit!" Luke mimicked my words in a squeaky tone.

I glared at him, "I don't sound like that." I swallowed the laugh that scratch my throat.

He chuckled, creating circles in the air from the breath that left his dried lips. His hair messily flew with the brisk air, a frustrated look settled on his face. I slightly grinned, although my teal eyes remand them hallow selves.

"You know I don't get it." Luke spoke out, facing me.

My hands dug into my wrapper invested pockets, the heat welcomed them; soothing the burning sensation. I examined how Luke's fingers fumbled trying to buttoned up his purple varsity jacket.

"Enlighten me Hemmings, what do you not get?" I asked, slouching my body lazily on the stone brick wall.

"We hate each other, yet we always end up together."

My mouth opened to respond, but the ancient bell rang along the school ground, "Well life- life is odd." I concluded, dragging my feet against the gravel floor.

Luke's footsteps traced behind mine as I pushed past the heavy school doors. Outburst of laughter and cheers welcomed my ears as an uncomfortable rush of heat slid against my skin. A goodbye was never mentioned from Luke when he raced over to where Calum stood with Ashton by his side. The two brunettes who drowned their attention to the boys squealed when Luke greeted them. It wasn't till the sun itself strolled down the halls where my gaze peeled from him.

"Hello love." The words skipped off Rain's tongue enthusiastically as a smile complemented her beaming face.

"Hello." I nodded my head.

Her arms draped over my shoulders as her lips eagerly raced to my ears, "Luke is going to fall for you B." She paused, her moss color eyes amusingly stared at my reaction and she sheepishly smiled. "And you're going to fall for him too."

I stood there, stunned, the screams that left obnoxious mouths bounced off the worn out lockers. Nothing could snap me out of this daze. Rain smirked and swayed her hips down the hall and into the diverse sea of wild teenagers.

Fall for Luke? When I fall, I bruise.

---

Helloooo! Sorry for not updating for years, my wifi did not work, at all. It was finally fixed today though, so yay. I hope you liked the chapter and didn't believe it was as crappy as I think it is.

Next chapter will be in Blaze's pov because something really important is about to about happen.. hehehehe

Sorry for any mistakes too, I've had a hectic week! I'll fix them later tonight!

Thank you also for the 4k reads, you guys are amazing!

At least 5 comments, 25 votes, and 115 reads for the next update!

Stay Fabulous! :-)