From Heaven to Where?

The last couple of weeks had been heaven. At some point the question whether or not they would spend the night ceased being a question and became a given. Not like earlier years, when they every now and then spent the few nights when they didn’t have sex apart, and they did their little 'will we?' dance every night. The only question by now seemed to be the eternal struggle of who’s room. Neither liked being over 60 and still sneaking back to their own room in the morning. He’d won tonight she thought, as she curled up next to him. She could feel on his breathing he was drifting off, and settled into what she knew would be another hour or two watching whatever was on TV. With her head and arm resting on his bare chest, leg draped across his hips, she couldn’t really imagine anywhere that would feel more like home, even as she was miles and miles away. Every morning, as she woke up, they would lay entwined while he read the papers and she either talked while he nodded, or watched one of her soaps. While talking. He still nodding. Sometimes he gave up on the paper and actually talked back. Sometimes they wouldn’t talk at all, not with their voices anyway. The way his curls were even more crazy messed up than normal in the morning never failed to take her breath away.’If this is how marriage is like’ she thought briefly, then quickly switched her thoughts to less dangerous territory. They still kept up the pretense of separate rooms, but to who’s benefit she didn’t really know.  She had to laugh a little at the fact that most hotel employees they had encountered probably knew the truth, but other that Karen, none that saw them every day did. Naturally, they spent some time apart as well. Couldn’t go wandering around in whatever town they were in together could they? Not without raising some suspicion with the outside world. Nor could they spend every waking moment together without raising the suspicion of those surrounding them. Frankly, she thought as her fingers absentmindedly played with his hair, even without the fear of being caught, odds were that some time apart generally did them good.

The next day he had spent with Mick, as John relaxed in his room. Stevie and Christine had simply lunched all day, talking in a way they hadn’t in a long time. She sometimes felt a bit guilty, Christine joining after sixteen years, perhaps she should spend a little less time in her Lindsey-bubble and more time with Christine. Still, it had been really nice. As she entered the backstage area though, she couldn’t help but have her mind return to Lindsey. Had he arrived yet? She hadn’t heard anything. Thoughts full of him, she waved off Karen and found herself inside his dressing room instead of her own. Watching him on the couch warming up his fingers on a guitar, she was tempted to sneak up on him, just as she noticed he was far form alone. Neale, Brett and a couple of roadies were there too, all checking that everything was just right with the guitars. ‘Oh she knew this’, she gently chided herself as she merrily greeted them hello, biting back the ‘babe’ directed at Lindsey. Suddenly, she recognized one of the roadies as the one she hadn’t been able to look in the eyes for months. Her cheek briefly flushed as he seemed to be intently studying the wall. Well, as long as they both found it awkward she figured. “Just checking the guitar god had arrived” she offered as a explanation of her presence. “Arrived, and finished with the technical check. The one that needs me anyway”  he cheerily exclaimed. “Yeah” Neale agreed, “Just a proper finger-warmup and he’s good to go” “Well I can help with that” escaped her lips practically as soon as Neale finished his sentence. ‘Did I just say that’? she thought as she saw Lindsey choking on his water.  Better own it she figured, forcing a smile and an exaggerated wink  “Know a trick or two to get that mouth of yours warmed up too. Geez, bunch of road-hard guys, and no one can take a dirty joke?” “Something tells me it would end with a big fat ‘you wish’ from you, wouldn’t it?” Lindsey, obviously having regained his composure. “You betcha Buckingham!  Anyways, talked to Christine about something today, have a minute?” she figured by this point the others were convinced all that was going on was inappropriate jokes, which they probably knew about them anyway. “Yeah, as said, we're done” he said as he signaled for the others to leave. “Smooth” he teased as they shut the door behind them. “Um, I’d say quick-witted. Were roadies this easily flustered in the 70’s?” she joked back as she straddled his lap. “There were at least one person who knew damn well you weren’t kidding” he gave her a quick kiss before continuing. “So, what did you want to talk about?”.  Amused that he hadn’t picked up on the obvious ruse, she simply stated in her most innocent voice: “Your various bodyparts in me?”. “That’s what you discussed with Christine?” his voice shocked. Stevie just stared at him with one raised brow.“Oh, right” he said, finally catching on. “Actually, I was on my way to my own dressing room, and, somehow, I ended up here. Somehow, my mind just wandered places” “Dirty places, that’s my girl” he laughed as she leant down for a kiss.

Wandering mind quickly led to wandering lips and wandering hands. She knew they couldn’t really do what they wanted to with the show starting soon, and she had yet to get her makeup applied. Still, that didn’t stop her from grinding her hips into him as he gripped her hair with one hand and let the other grope her breasts. This was way too good to stop she knew, throwing her head back and closing her eyes, simply enjoying the moment. She quickly felt his lips on the newly exposed skin, as he started to gently suck on the hollow of her throat. She moaned at the unexpected sensation and ground her hips harder into him. He was definitely growing underneath her she noted with satisfaction, as she mentally tried to find reasons why she wouldn’t have to spend the usual time in makeup. She certainly wouldn’t need blush she thought, as she let out a small chortle. “What?” he asked, in so unfortunately removing his lips from her. “Just trying to figure out what will look worse: me on stage without makeup or you with a massive boner” both laughed at the thought. “Well, you’re stunning no matter what, so I know my vote” he said as his lips found her neck again. “Well now you’re just trying to get laid” she whispered into his ear. “Is it working?” “Maybe” she noted with a grin as her lips found his. She felt her resolve melt away, and her hands started to unbutton his shirt, just as there was a sharp knock on the door.

“I’m busy!” Lindsey barely took the time to shout out, before his lips found her again.

“Yeah, better let us in mate” Mick’s voice sounded through the door. “And we know Stevie’s in there with you”

They broke the kiss and stared questioningly  at each other.

“Yeah, so what?” Lindsey eventually yelled back, somewhat hesitantly. “And if you want me to go on stage not pissed at him, you’ll let us finish our conversation” Stevie added. “What? It’s believable” she whispered at Lindsey’s incredulous expression.

“Oh fuck’s sake guys! It’s not just me who’s not buying it this time. Jig’s up, you’ve messed up bad!” Karen’s voice this time. Christine’s voice followed “From what I’ve heard, you’re willing to fuck him in front of us anyway, so we shouldn’t be too much in the way. No really, none are interested in that, but you guys better get out here”.

Stevie’s eyes grew wide, as did Lindsey’s. Well they definitely knew, but how? “I don’t know” she whispered at his implied question. Christine’s words rang a bell, but what?

Mick quickly offered the explanation “You guys might want to find a damned good reason why, after 40 years in the business, you still managed to come just shy of fucking each other with a camera in the room”

“What?!” they both yelled in unison.

Karen was the one to deliver the final blow :“Your little ‘break’ when you were interviewed on the 16th? It’s online, and you guys are screwed. Especially you Buckingham”

*Sorry for the lack of updates lately. Work has been rather insane after christmas. As always, thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting. It truly means a lot :) *