Christmas is all Around- Part 2

Having lost count at the number of glasses of champagne she had drunk, Stevie would be the first to admit to being just a bit tipsy. Fortunately, so was everyone else. Across the room she observed  Lindsey talking to some friends, his arm casually slung around Kristen who had showed up a while back. It annoyed her, and though she was fully aware at how irrational she was being, she still approached them. “Hope you’re enjoying  yourselves” she chirped to Kristen. Even Stevie could hear the fakeness, but continued anyway “You won’t mind it if I borrow your husband a bit do you? He promised me a dance about twenty years ago, and has been ducking it ever since”, shooting Kristen her most dazzling smile. “That’s ‘cause according to someone  I’m not a good dancer” he joked, looking an her questioningly. He was supposed to be a husband right now. Tipsy Stevie didn’t care about such things. “Well, if I get an opportunity to see Lindsey dance, I’ll spare him for as long as you’ll like” Kirsten chirped back. Stevie knew she didn’t mean it. Fair enough, fake for fake.  She smiled, and took Lindsey’s hand, leading them quickly to the floor where quite a few were dancing, more or less drunkenly,  already.

She found a spot all the way back near the wall, turned in his arms, and with purpose pressed her body much closer to his than strictly necessary. One arm around his neck, the other on his chest pushed inside the front of his jacket. “What was that?” he exclaimed in a hushed whisper “Just asked for a dance, nothing big” she shot back, as she maneuvered them so that she had her back against the wall, while his was turned to the crowd, hiding her from view. She moved her hand inside his shirt where the top  buttons were already open, and popped another, lightly scratching him. “Having you pressed up against me in a crowded room with…” “It’s ok, you can say it” “With my wife here, just seems like something we normally wouldn’t do” “Well, there’s a lot we normally wouldn’t do, but lately we’ve done them anyway”. “What is that supposed to mean?” Not replying, she stared transfixed at her fingers still scratching his chest, fighting the urge to leave a mark.  “Stevie…” His tone was cautious, but she noticed that his hands had moved to the lower end of her back, drawing small circles, as they finally dropped down where she wanted them.

She looked up and caught him staring down while biting his lips, knowing fully well the view he had from above when she had her body pressed up against him like this. Smirking, she traced her nails across his nipple, feeling him squeeze her ass in return, drawing her pelvis close. She could feel his erection already forming, and her hips buckled unintentionally against him in response. Sound emitted from the back of both of their throats, eyes closed. A quick glance around established no one could see, and she moved her hand down, slowly stroking him as she looked up at him in a silent challenge. He met her stare intently, all the while massaging her, as her hand kept on. She licked her lips looking down, desperately  wanting, as she reluctantly moved her hand away, landing it on his side, pulling herself hard against him before she returned it to his chest. Both stared straight ahead as they silently rubbed  together, heavy breathing the only sound coming from them. She could tell what he was thinking. How he wanted to push her those two feet back against the wall, lift her skirt and take her right there. Clothes ripped, legs around his hips, him thrust deep inside, head thrown back as he bit… Shivering at the thought, she realized she was now scratching him so hard she did leave a mark, and wondered what she had gotten herself into. She had wanted to remind him of her, claim him, but now they were both trapped, desperate for a release they couldn't have. Sensing a new song beginning as everyone around them started singing along, they painfully separated just a bit, hands moved to less incriminating positions, as they turned in place back into the room.  

She rested her head briefly on his chest, sighing  “I guess… I guess it bothered me. Seeing you with her. More than usual, and I wanted...” she trailed off, not quite willing to finish the sentence out loud. He understood  “And now you have us torturing ourselves to… Is that that damned  Love Actually song??” Stevie listened and guffawed. It was. Someone passing bumped into Stevie, pushing her closer to Lindsey again. His grip around her tightened, not letting her go this time. She didn’t try. He buried his face in her hair for a brief second, “It’s hard for me too you know” he looked down into her eyes, “I miss you when you’re not around, hell I miss you when you’re in the same room”. She gulped as they halted to a standstill, then, suddenly aware of everyone around them, gave him a sad smile and motioned for them to continue dancing. He really wasn’t a good dancer, but it didn’t matter, he was dancing with her. Inching just a bit closer, he did the same. She rested her head on his chest once more, arms around his waist, not even close to what would, by any scale, be considered appropriate,  yet not really caring, inhaling his scent and wishing the stupid song would never end.

They lasted roughly another hour before making their escape. Stevie had downed two more glasses of champagne as they rejoined the others, trying to ignore the sensations still running through her body. Torture marked the following hour, as eyes kept interlocking, their owners doing their damnedest to avoid each other. As she caught herself glaring at his zipper from across the room, imagining attacking it with her teeth, she decided she’d had enough.  Most of the guests were at this point well beyond tipsy, and when Mick and Dave had started a impromptu jam session keeping everyone’s attention, Stevie caught Lindsey’s eye and motioned for him to leave the room. She snuck out a minute later and found him in her bedroom, standing at the window, staring out at the ocean. “Not s’posed to have boys in my room” she slurred, leaning in the doorway. He turned, “Just enjoying the view” leering at her unashamedly up and down. Neither moved.

“What are we doing?” Suddenly unsure if they really should cross this line. She, and everyone else were one single staircase down.  He hesitated, “I don’t… I guess we could go back. Not too late” “Yeah, we probably should” she agreed. Silence filled the room for a brief moment before both rushed forward, no intention of ever turning back. They crashed into each other, lips and tongues quickly entwined, hands everywhere. Clothes were hastily thrown away as they stumbled to the bed, both needing to feel the other. He pulled off her underwear as he climbed on top of her, while she sat up to remove his boxer, kissing him feverishly. ”Take me now Linds, I’ve wanted you all night, don’t make me wait” she commanded, knowing he was just as impatient as her, and pulled him close as he entered her in one swift motion.

Needy and desperate, they clung to each other, face buried in his neck as she met him, thrust for thrust, faster and faster, feeling the tension build to almost unbearable heights. Her nails dug into his back as they both came hard. He collapsed on top of her, and she held him close to her chest, her legs still pulling him against her, preventing him from moving away just yet. He made no effort to, instead raising his head to meet her in a deep, lazy kiss, his hands feeling up and down her sides while hers lightly traced his spine.  Both were vaguely aware of the sounds emitting from the party downstairs, neither were willing to return to it just yet.

Christine pretended not to notice as they both entered the room, few minutes apart. Oldest trick in the book, both looking oh so fucking innocent but for a flush and hint of smug smiles on their faces. She  had suspected of course, but had no idea they were this stupid. Well, still this stupid she corrected herself. They had promised her zero drama as she signed on for the tour, and while she hadn’t really believed it, not with those two anyway, she figured she might as well have some fun watching it all unfold. She loved them, but those morons deserved it she chuckled.

Kristen knew for sure the second they got in the car. She could smell her perfume on him. Normally she might be able to convince herself it was from their dance, but she knew damn well it wasn’t. She still felt the pit in her stomach from the moment she realized he wasn’t in the room, and, quickly searching for the hostess herself, had to face the fact that she was gone too. She wasn’t an idiot, she got the deal when she married him. Everyone told her he’d stray. An old rocker, still touring: plenty of young pretty things throwing themselves at him was part of the package. She’d concluded that it was worth it, as long as he’d be her husband, truly, when he was home, and at least had the decency to make any flings during touring discreet. No one told her about the older ex girlfriend though. That wasn’t supposed to be part of the deal. The feeling that she had stumbled into the middle of a love story that wasn’t hers could sometimes be overwhelming, but surprisingly easy to ignore when he was home with his family. She had no illusions they didn’t carry on behind her back while touring, but to their credit she never could point to any evidence for it. Anything suspicious easily explained as publically keeping the legend of Stevie and Lindsey alive for their fans. Easy to pretend. It was different now. Did he just not even care to hide it anymore? Had they been living too long in this surprisingly functional, fucked up love triangle? They spent the entire ride home in silence, both deep in thought, pretending to be tired from the party.