Careful

The interviewer blathered on, with Lindsey occasionally answering, sounding annoyed. She was feeling it herself. If honest, frustration had taken over before they even entered the room. They hadn’t found a single moment alone together since the plane. As Stevie had suspected, once they had landed, they were ushered onto limos that took them straight to the interview. Once aboard the car she had signaled for Lindsey to join her, but lo and behold, Karen and Christine both threw themselves in while giggling about a girls only car. Lindsey promptly jumped into a separate one with the boys, probably figuring if they couldn’t be alone, it would be preferable to ride completely separate. So here they were, and as was their habit when otherwise annoyed, snappy answers soon seemed directed at each other, especially when the questions turned to their past. Soundbytes they usually were able to ignore, suddenly seemed like the biggest insults:  “Oh, I paraded around my romances, you just sat in your room twiddling your thumbs did you?” “I never called them your romances Linds, and at least I showed some courtesy, not waving my…guys…in front of your nose at breakfast!” Both tried to sound lighthearted, both failed miserably. “To be fair, I think it’s generally accepted that the one actually ending the relationship should …” “I think the answer is no” Christine interjected. “You’d think things were different, calmer, but no. At least not with some of us. It’s amazing how I could have been listening to the same conversation 30 years ago, isn’t it?”. Both Stevie and Lindsey glared at her, before they accidentally caught each others eyes, then demonstrably stared in opposite directions. “I think a quick break might be in order” the publicist piped in from the sidelines “Cool down tempers and all”. “Tempers are cool” As the words left Stevie’s mouth she could hear that frozen would be a more fitting term as she caught Lindsey roll his eyes. “Fine. Can we have a minute alone then?” “You want us to leave, so you two can kill each other?” This time it was Stevie’s turn to roll her eyes at Micks attempt at a whisper. “Guys!” Their publicist pleading at this point. As everyone else slightly hesitantly left the room, Stevie still made a point to look everywhere but at Lindsey.

The door slowly closing, Stevie still wasn’t sure if she wanted to yell at him or kiss him, but the second the door shut her body decided for her. As he pulled her in, her  hands instinctively reached behind his neck and pulled him down as her own body lunged upward, lips reaching his in the middle. Her tongue instantly fighting his for dominance, she broke the kiss only to hiss “You always have to act like such an ass?” before attacking his lips with hers again. “And you with your whole 'lets blame Lindsey act’? Am I supposed to just sit there?” he hissed back, not even bothering to break the kiss fully until the last syllable.

Stevie couldn’t help letting out a tirade that had been building without her knowing “Fine. I’ve missed you, and I’ve missed the sex. Right now, not necessarily in that order, but you have my favorite person and favorite activity with that person right there. I’m frustrated, and you’re making it really fucking easy to be pissed at you! Especially after Karen and Christine completely blocked us ever since we met at the plane. What’s next? Will they be setting up watch tonight? ‘Cause I swear, any longer and I’m prepared to fuck you in front of them if they refuse to leave us alone”. With that she pulled his face down to hers again and kissed him, as his hands on her hips pulled her hard against him. As his hands then went on to roughly explore her thighs, she found herself cursing her decision to wear pants.

Trying to calm them down a bit, Stevie eventually separated from him, both panting heavily. “If I’d known Christmas was the last time I’d have you for three weeks, no way in hell would I have returned to that party after just having you once” he stated as his lips found a new destination down her neck. Frustration finally tempered a tiny bit, she was able to smile at his impatience “Can’t wait for tonight babe, you can have me as many times as you’re able to” her leg softly caressing his ankle. “That a challenge Nicks? Because you, more than anyone, know that the limit for how many times I want you doesn’t really exist. In any way”. ”Been so long, guess you’ll just have to remind me later” she giggled as he found a particularly sensitive area near her left ear. “Why wait?”  He returned his face close to hers and wiggled his eyebrows. “We’re supposed to be all careful and shit, remember? Your idea” “Bad idea” he playfully whined. “So a typical Lindsey idea in other words” ”Just wait,  I’ll get you for that!” he tried to sound serious as his lips found hers. “Mhmmmm… Punish me will you?” “Hard”. Their lips completely inseparable at this point, tongues returned to a fierce battle. She knew the interview was set to resume shortly, so they might have been playing a bit with fire, but wasn’t it in everyone’s best interest that they both were in better spirit by that point? Plus, she was sure they would have some time to themselves before the show later on to finish what they were starting.

There was no time.

Through the show, she realized she looked so pissed off at him people might suspect she’d kill him, and he looked no different, as they both were spitting out lines, staring each other down, with every smile forced. Her final speech was so rushed she, in hindsight, realized she might have been better off skipping it. By the time they were done and off the stage, she vaguely noticed everyone backed away, as she rushed to her dressing room, knowing he was right behind her. She hoped everyone assumed their mad dash had everything to do with their foul moods, and that none were stupid or responsible enough to try and intervene.

There was nothing gentle about the way he slammed her against the door, the way they tore every necessary bit of clothing off their bodies, her skirt simply pushed up to her waist. His grip on her hips would certainly bruise, her nails breaking skin on his shoulders as he thrust upwards, into her. No, there was nothing gentle in the way she threw her head back straight into the door as she screamed his name, or as he followed with an incoherent expletive-filled stream of words punctuating every movement.  Gentle wasn’t what either needed now. Afterwards though, as they hugged tight and laughed at how they were still doing it against doors backstage, breathless declarations of love and longing, punctuated the most primal of expressions. This was them, hard and soft, and she really wouldn’t want it any other way. She knew she would get her heart broken in due time, in fact, she could literally count down the days. For now however, she was finally back where she belonged