All hell breaks loose

Start from the beginning

I start walking towards the rock that he was sitting on earlier, which is at some distance from where I am standing outside the cave.

But before I reach there, my stupid ankle twists again and I stumble down, falling over a large rock. The impact makes my head spin when I try picking myself up again, earning my scarf dress a tear from the friction between my knees and the rock.

Wow, how much more unlucky can I possibly be?

I should probably just go back in and change into the other dress before calling Joy back and making the whole changing thing awkward again. I'll sew this tear up later tomorrow.

I reach the cave to look for my red dress. As I pick it up, I notice it is still slightly damp from earlier. So, that's why Joy didn't change me into this one.

I quickly change into it.

As I finally step outside again, I notice a strange commotion from the direction of the ocean. Then, I hear a loud, heart-wrenching scream. Joy's scream.

Ohh God, what the hell happened?

"Joy...", I call out for him and his head turns around in my direction immediately. I notice him moving frantically, trying to balance himself. It looks like he is trying to come out of the water, but he's stuck in there. What the hell is happening?

I run towards the direction of the rock he was sitting on, ignoring the fresh pain that the recent twist has brought back to my ankle.

Something isn't right and I need to know what is happening.

"No... Arghhhhh!!!! No Faith, don't come here!", he screams as I begin stepping into the water from the edge of the rock across him.

"What? Why Joy? Is everything okay? Why did you scream?," I ask him as I continue moving towards his direction through the waves.

"Just listen to me for once, Faith. For one last time... Just go away," he says angrily.

What does he mean one last time?

"Either you tell me what's wrong, or I am coming over there," I tell him, as I continue inching closer towards him.

"Aaarghhhhhh!!!", he screams again in pain.

What the fuck?

"There's something in the water, it... my leg.. my leg hurts, Faith. Just don't come here baby," he says pleadingly.

My whole world spins around me repeatedly as I process the information.

Something bit his leg? Oh my God?! There's something in there that could eat him alive?

Shit.

Ohh dear God, what do I do?

"Wait, I am coming Joy, I'll get you out of there," I say as I continue moving towards him faster.

"You are as much capable of saving me as I am capable of saving you."

Joy's heartwarming words playback in my head, giving me the much needed inspiration to save him at all costs.

"Are you even listening to me Faith? I said stay away from here. It could attack you instead," he says angrily, trying to yank himself away from whatever is holding him so tightly.

He really thinks I will leave him here to die alone in pain? And I'll save myself instead?

"Are you kidding me Joy? And stop moving so much, else it will continue hurting you more. Stop resisting and stay still. I am coming for you," I tell him.