Chapter 35: The Grangers and the Burrow

Start from the beginning

"Hey, you." She said. "Did you sleep better?"

"Oh yeah," I said as I got up. "Loads better. Thanks, 'Mione."

She smiled at me as she got up. "I'm coming to your place today, right?" She asked. "I can't wait to see it!"

"Oh, right!" I said. "I'm pretty excited for you to see it too. Then after a few days would be the Quidditch World Cup. Ron's real excited last I heard."

Hermione got off the bed and got her bags ready as some noises came from downstairs. "I thought you said your parents slept in?" I asked.

"Oh, they must be getting some things ready." She said. "They're like that sometimes."

"I should go down and say good morning then." I said as she nodded. "I should probably change first." I walked to my trunk and grabbed some fresh clothes like a t-shirt, some black jeans, my father's overcoat along with my bracelet and my necklace. I already wore my watch. I quickly changed and went downstairs to find Mr and Mrs. Granger, or Monica and Wendell as they wanted me to call them, rushing around and making sure everything was in order.

"Good morning, Monica." I said politely. "Good morning, Wendell. What's going on?"

"Oh, good morning, Y/N!" Monica said kindly. "Oh, Wendell and I have a last-minute appointment with a patient today, so we have to leave early. We were hoping to see you and Hermione off before she left. We still have some time, don't we, Wendell?"

"Oh, yes!" He said. "About 25 minutes-ish."

"Should I let Hermione know?" I asked.

"Oh, yes. Thank you very much, dear." Monica said.

I walked back the stairs and back into the room, where Hermione was still packing. "Your parents have a dentist thing to do, so I think we may have to leave early." I said.

"Oh. I guess that's alright." She said. "I finished packing anyway. I have to get ready though. See you in a bit!"

She then grabbed some clothes and left the room and I waited with Snuffles who woke up and chirped at me. "Hey, buddy." I cooed softly. "You enjoy Mummy's place?" He chirped happily at me. "Guess I'll take that as a yes." I chuckled.

I leaned down to Snuffles, looked around to make sure no one was listening and whispered, "You really love her, don't you?" He chirped again, the same as the last. "Me too, buddy. I love her a lot too. She's incredible." I really hope I could tell Hermione how I feel about her. I fell for her four years ago and I really wanted to tell her that I'm in love with her. I was almost certain that she felt the same. Why else would she kiss me?

Twice too?

"Hey, I'm back!" Hermione said as she walked back in. She was wearing some blue jeans and a purple top. She kept the necklace I gave her around her neck and outside her shirt. She was still trying to fix her hair with a brush.

"Hey." I said. "You look good... I-I mean you look cute! Err-"

Hermione blushed as she put down her brush. "Oh, uh, thanks." She said with a smile. "You look cute too..."

'Wow, smooth much, Lovegood?' I thought to myself. 'Wait, did she say cute too?'

"So, are you ready to go?" I asked as I stood up?

"Yep, I'm all packed and so is Crookshanks." She said as she picked up her ginger, hairy cat. "I can't wait to see Lana again!"

As we made our way down, I pulled out a vial of Floo powder and prepared the fire. Before we started the fire, I heard Wendell speaking to me, "Hey, Y/N, can I talk to you for a moment?"