Chapter52- Sounds Familiar

Start from the beginning

28.

29.

30.
I hop down from the bar, my breathing heavy as I wet my face with water from my bottle. Sweat covering my body.—

Avu: you know... your voice sounds awfully familiar to me!
Rohit: (enthusiastically) it does?!
Avu: yes. But I just can't point out who.
Rohit: I wonder.
Avu: It's probably my old maths teacher or something.
Rohit: Chi! Maths teacher!
Avu: why is there a problem?
Rohit: no not at all. Never mind. I think you shouldn't wrack your brain too much.

(Looking at Rohit's bare chest)
Avu: so... why does your tattoo say 'hope'?
Rohit: (smiling as he looks down at his tattoo) it's because, over the years there's only one thing that kept me going.
Hope.
Without it a person gives up. And it's the only thing that made me go on.
Keep trying.
Jaan: but you're damn successful, then why would your lack of hope be?
Rohit: (smiling) behind every success story there's always struggle right.
So there was a time where I had to let everything go. Where I was left with nothing. But hope let me live on.
Avu: (snickering) My hope had died long ago. But I still kept going, hopelessly.
Rohit: In that case you should find some new hope. It'll make your life colorful again. (Giving them both a smile as he walks out of the gym)

—Avu said her heart belongs to only one. But who may that be?!—
~~~

—we sit down to have lunch, everyone gathering around the table where a buffet had been set.
Everyone sitting down at their seats as a few waiters fill their classes with wine or champagne.

I look down the table to Aadaya who's casually sipping from her glass alright, but she's also observing my every move.
Ashi was right. She does suspect me.
But I won't let her find out anything!—
(Rohit standing up from his seat)

Rohit: so tonight, I invite you all to a party. A small token of my happiness and content, with this collaboration.
With hope that it comes to be very beneficial to both the companies.
The party will be a duo-dancing one and it would make it a lot less awkward, if each of us came with a partner.
I expect all of you to be there, I'll send you all the venue and time.
(Raising his glass)
Rohit: to Zayn Enterprises.
(Taking a sip from the glass as everyone else also raise their glasses)
Everyone else: to our collaboration.
(Everyone takes a sip as Rohit sits down and everyone enjoys their meal)
~~~

(After the meal, as everyone starts to exit the hall and only Rohit, Aadaya, Ashi and Hasnain remain)
Aadaya: may I have a moment with you Mr. Sehen?
(Rohit dismissing Ashi and Hasnain as they walk out the room)
Rohit: right. So you were saying.
Aadaya: you have a girlfriend do you?
Rohit: yes. Ananya Pandey. And anyway... I'm a little old for you don't you think!
(Bursts out laughing as Aaday just takes in a deep breath and calms herself down)
Aadaya: It's just that you look awfully similar to someone I know.
Rohit: and who may that be?
Aadaya: Siddharth Nigam.
Rohit: (snickering then smirking) you mean that same boy I threw of that building with my own hands three years ago!
Aadaya: so you remember.
Rohit: You're just manipulating yourself to see things Ms. Misra. In reality I look nothing like Siddharth. Perhaps you should just open your eyes and look at reality without shady glasses.
And by the way, Ms. Misra, I no longer work for you. So I don't think this conversation has a meaning.
So I shall dismiss myself.
(Finishing his wine and putting down the glass as he gets up, ready to leave)
Rohit: Good talking to you Ms. Aadaya Misra. And also, stop staring at me so intensely. My girlfriend might be jealous.
(Walking out the door as Aadaya bangs her hand on the table to release the anger)
~~~