Never Better - Evan "Buck" Buckley

[loosely follows a scene from season 2 episode 4: Stuck]

We got called to a call I was almost certain was going to be a prank. Once we had gotten to the scene though, we could see it definitely wasn't a prank. Although, it probably would have been a less stupid idea to call in a prank call to 911 than to stick your head in a tail pipe.

Nevertheless, that's what we were working with, an intoxicated female with her head stuck in the tail pipe of a truck. When we arrived on scene, before we even knew if the call was for real or not I already had a bad feeling about the call.

"You ok, babe?" Buck asked as we pulled up to the scene.

"Never better" I smiled at him before he moved to get up.

Buck and I had started dating soon after I joined the 118. We hadn't been together long, but we were happy and I loved every minute with him.

The minute we were met with the complainant, I knew things were going to get really tense...and really fast.

These girls treated mostly Buck and Eddie like they were pieces of raw meat and they were hungry dogs. Hungry dogs that were waiting to sink their teeth into my boyfriend and coworker and it didn't sit right with me, it didn't sit right with me at all.

As everyone tried everything they could to free the girl from the tail pipe, I did my best to help even though my boyfriend was being eyed by a vulture.

I was asked to hold the girl still while they cut the tail pipe to essentially free her. As I got into place I saw another one of the girls approach Buck and my blood instantly started to boil.

"Just type your number in my phone and I'll text you so you have mine" she hung all over him.

I took a deep breath and continued to stay professional. If I didn't keep taking deep breaths and calming myself I would have lost it.

"Thanks, but I actually have a girlfriend and I need to focus so my captain doesn't cut your friends head off" I heard him explain.

A smile grew on my face. I knew I could trust him, that wasn't what I was worried about. Girls, girls were what I didn't trust. I knew how attractive Buck was and he couldn't help it if girls noticed it as well.

"Do you have Snapchat?" I heard another girl ask Eddie as Buck shot me a comforting smile.

I smiled back even though I was seething with jealousy. These girls really had no shame. I focused on the task at hand trying to push it out of my mind until I saw one girl rest her hand on Buck's elbow and slowly run it down his forearm. I took a deep breath to stop from freaking out when I heard Buck's voice.

"You really shouldn't be touching me like that, especially in front of my girlfriend" he shot me a wink making me smile as the girl was set free.

"She's your girlfriend?" The girl rose an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, she is" he gave me a genuine smile.

"Totally not what I expected" she mumbled under her breath.

"I didn't ask" he gave a glare.

"I'm just saying I expected someone hot you know, like me" she smirked at him.

"She's gorgeous" he turned to her "and you really need to stop touching me" He shrugged her hand off his arm.

"I guess some people really like to slum it, huh?" She giggled to her friends.

"Honestly, if anything, she's slumming it being with me" his words had a harsh bite, he wasn't liking this anymore than I was.

"Buck" I said getting to my feet. "It's not worth it"

"Look at what she's wearing" the girl giggled to her friends again.

"She's stunning" Chimney turned to me with a smile.

"One of the strongest girls I know" Bobby added.

"An amazing friend and caring beyond belief" Hen added with a smile.

"Beautiful inside and out" Eddie comforted with a hand on my shoulder.

"The best thing that's ever happened to me" Buck gave me a look. One of adoration and love.

I felt the tears threatening to form in my eyes as I swallowed hard and kept them at bay.

"I just-" the girl started before Bobby cut her off.

"We're done here" he motioned with his head for us all to leave the scene.

We packed up and headed back to the truck. As we got settled in Buck glanced over at me.

"You ok?" He asked sympathetically.

"Never better" I smiled at him.

Things had come full circle.

"Thank you, everyone really" I smiled weakly. "It really means a lot you all had my back like that"

"We love you" Bobby glanced at me with a smile.

"Yes we do" Buck turned to me with a smile of his own. "I love you"

He leaned forward and quickly placed a kiss to my lips.

"I love you too" I smiled widely. "You know you're the best thing that's ever happened to me too right? I'm definitely not slumming babe, some days I feel like I don't deserve you" I grabbed his hand.

"You deserve the world and the very best in it" he pulled my hand up to give it a kiss.

"I guess that explains why I have you, because you're the best boyfriend in the world" I smiled gripping his hand a little tighter. "You ok?" I asked when I noticed he was being more quiet than usual.

"Never better" he smiled. "I just can't believe how lucky I am"

I knew I had a bad feeling about that call, but what I didn't know was that I had all the support I needed for whatever went wrong from my 118 family. I always did, and I always would.

Requested by: @multifandom-lover

Thank you for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️