The Accident - Evan 'Buck' Buckley

I really don't know what happened

I really don't know what happened. One minute everything was fine, the next I couldn't move to get out of my car. I could barely move at all.

As police, fire and medics rushed the scene a firefighter came to the drivers side window.

"Hey, are you ok?" He asked quickly.

"I'm fine, don't feel a thing actually" I chuckled.

"Well, your spirits are high. That's a good start. I'm Evan, what's your name?"

"Y/N" I said trying to stay calm.

"Alright, Y/N, listen. We're going to get you out ok? Everything's going to be fine, I promise."

"I'm going to need that in writing" I lightly laughed.

He laughed, a genuine laugh and my stomach did little flips.

"Buck, what do you need over here?" Another responder came to his side. They mumbled some stuff to each other and the other firefighter ran off.

"Buck?" I questioned.

"It's my nickname" he explained with a smile.

"I like Buck better than Evan" I breathed, my breaths starting to take more effort and become more painful.

"Call me Buck then" he smiled at me with that smile that turned my stomach in knots.

And that was the last thing I remember, that smile and his voice yelling for someone to hurry up before everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in a room, a really really bright room that I had never seen before. I put my fingers over my eyes trying to get them adjusted to the light.

"Hey, you're awake" I heard a voice that pulled me from my task.

"Buck?" I was confused. "How are you here? Weren't you working?" I asked trying to process everything.

"It's been a few days since the accident" he explained pulling his chair forward.

"Oh God, the accident" the events flashed in my head.

For a split second I was content on not remembering what happened. Forgetting seeing that car coming right for mine in the intersection. Forgetting how everything faded away to black.

"You had a rough go of it for awhile there, but the doctors think you're going to be just fine" he smiled.

"What are you doing here? I mean not that I don't want you here or don't appreciate that you're here but you don't even know me" I explained lowly.

"I promised you everything would be fine, I'm keeping my promise and making sure everything is fine"

His words made me smile.

"Thank you, you don't know how much that means to me. Not only that you're keeping your promise, but that you're here" he reached out and gently grabbed my hand and there it was again, that smile.

"Are you hungry? I can ask the nurse to bring you something" he asked seriously.

"Thank you but, I feel kind of sick to my stomach if I'm being honest" I explained deflated. He smiled sadly and gripped my hand.

"I'll go let the nurses know you're awake and then I can leave if you want, I don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything" he looked over at me.

"I'm more comfortable you being here but if you want to leave I'm not forcing you to stay here" I smiled slightly.

"I'm not going anywhere" he smiled turning to go find the nurse. "Oh, thought you might want this" he pulled my phone out of his pocket and handed it to me "and this" he flicked half the lights off "I saw how it hurt your eyes"

"You're the best, you know that?" I half giggled as I took the phone from him.

He left the room and I glanced through what I had missed on my phone. My parents had been there. I texted them to let them know I was awake and got a quick response that they would be in to see me as soon as they could.

"I asked the nurse for something that would settle your stomach and she gave me this" he explained holding out a can of ginger ale.

"Always making sure I'm taken care of, thank you" I joked as I reached out for the can.

"I promised you didn't I?" He smirked.

"That everything would be fine, not to take care of me" I half laughed.

"Same thing" he chuckled taking his seat back next to the bed.

Over the next few days, Buck came to visit as much as he could and my parents and sister popped in and out as they could as well. The brief encounter my mother had with Buck was enough to have her texting nonstop about what a cute couple we would make. I wrote her off every time. But on top of it all there was one major rule. We don't talk about the accident.

The nurses had given me till the next day to be 'out of the woods' with my injuries. Buck had brought crosswords and word searches that we would do together and my parents had brought coloring books.

"8 down is Grease" Buck pointed at the crossword puzzle. He sat on the bed next to me like we had the past few nights, I couldn't get enough of him.

"Yep, you're right" I smiled at him.

"So you might be getting out of here tomorrow" he smiled at me.

"I hope so, as much as I've enjoyed our time together, I hate it here" I laughed.

That's when it hit me, what would happen when I was released? I loved spending time with Buck, but if I was all better and out of the hospital that means everything was fine and he upheld his promise. I started to fear I would never see him again.

"As much as I would love to be here for your triumphant moment, I have to work early in the morning so I probably won't get to be here" he explained.

"You work tomorrow? What are you doing here then? It's late" I quickly closed the crossword puzzle book and tucked it to my other side.

"Alright, alright I'm leaving" he got off the bed and shrugged on his coat. "I'll text you in the morning and see what time you're getting sprung" he joked walking closer to the bed.

To my surprise he leaned over and kissed me quick before turning for the door. I was left in shock and confusion. Suddenly he stopped before he reached the door and slowly turned back around. I sat with my mouth hung open.

"I'm so so sorry, I have been wanting to do that and I guess I just did it without thinking. It felt so natural I didn't even notice. I'm sorry, we can not talk about this accident too?" he rambled.

"Buck" I stopped him. "Shut up and kiss me again"

He smiled and made his way back to the side of the bed grabbing both my hands and leaning down to press another kiss to my lips. This time I didn't hesitate to kiss him back.

Requested by: pepper19338

Thanks for requesting! ❤️❤️❤️