He Loves You Too [Part 2] - Eddie Diaz

"Babe, you're doing it again" Eddie chuckled placing a calming hand on my bouncing knee.

"I'm sorry" I said lowly with a shake of my head.

We were sat at the table eating breakfast. We had agreed to tell Christopher right after we were finished with breakfast and as it came closer, I became more and more nervous.

"I'm finished" Christopher smiled at us both.

I returned the smile getting up to clear the dishes from the table.

"Can I have my surprise now?" I heard Christopher ask Eddie as I moved farther away from the table.

"Wait until Y/N comes back ok bud? It's a surprise we both have for you" I heard Eddie's voice.

"Am I going to like it?" I heard Christopher ask curiously.

That made my stomach queasy with nerves.

"I think so, buddy" Eddie was smiling at Christopher when I returned.

"Can I have it now?" Christopher looked at Eddie hopefully.

"Alright, alright." Eddie chuckled reaching for the box we wrapped specifically for Christopher at this moment. "Here we are, take your time"

Eddie set the box in front of Christopher and walked around the table to sit next to me. He took my hand gently pulling it into his lap as he gave it a gentle squeeze. My nerves were hitting an all time high but seeing Eddie so calm and collected kept me together. He clearly wasn't worried about telling Christopher and that helped keep me from completely losing it.

Christopher unwrapped the box and instantly noticed the candy first. The smile on his face was adorable.

"All this candy is mine?" He asked with so much excitement you would have thought it was Christmas morning.

"All that candy is your sweetheart" I smiled tightening my grip on Eddie's hand a little more.

"Keep going" Eddie urged Christopher towards looking at the shirt.

After a few seconds of Christopher focusing on pulling out the shirt, he finally opened it to give it a look. His eyes looked over it for a second as his face showed a look of confusion.

"I think you gave me the wrong shirt" he finally looked up at Eddie.

"No, that's the right shirt Chris" Eddie turned to me with a smile.

I tried to muster up enough strength to give him a small smile back. My palm was becoming more and more sweaty as it sat in Eddie's hand.

"I'm not a big brother though" he scrunched up his nose at Eddie to show his confusion.

"Well..." Eddie trailed off glancing in my direction.

"Not yet, Buddy. But soon" I gave a nervous smile.

"I don't get it" Christopher breathed out laying the shirt on the table.

I felt like I was about to pass out, I didn't know telling a child they were about to be an older sibling would be so nerve wracking.

"Well see" Eddie started turning his focus completely on Christopher. "Y/N has a baby growing in her belly, and in a few months that baby is going to be here with us"

"And I'll be their big brother" Christopher appeared to finally come to the realization.

"Exactly" Eddie smiled realizing Christopher was putting the dots together.

"I'll really get to be their big brother?" Christopher broke out in a wide smile.

"All day every day" I grinned back at him.

Christopher sat still for a moment. He seemed unsure of himself. I glanced at Eddie who was giving me a confused, sympathetic and hopeful look. I gave him a serious look to show him how concerned I was. Before we were able to say anything to each other Christopher finally spoke again.

"What?! Are you serious?! This is amazing!" He yelled happily making me take a relieving breath and making a chuckle escape Eddie.

"It is?" I asked hopefully.

"I'll be the best big brother, I promise" Christopher smiled at us.

"Best big brother on the planet" Eddie joked referencing the shirt.

I giggled as Eddie gave me a small smile before turning back to Christopher.

"Go get ready to go" Eddie nodded with his head to tell Christopher.

They got themselves ready to leave and I walked them to the door. I usually got ready for work as soon as they left so I waited to lock the door.

Eddie gave me a quick kiss goodbye as we exchanged I love you's. Christopher usually gives me a small wave and a goodbye, but instead he moved closer to me and wrapped his arms around my middle.

"Have a good day baby brother or sister, I love you" Christopher spoke to my stomach.

I looked up to Eddie with tears welling up in my eyes. I looked back down at Christopher as he looked up at me.

"I love you too, Y/N" he smiled at me as I wrapped him in a hug before he turned to make his way out with Eddie who was smiling brightly at me.

"I love you too buddy" I smiled as I watched them leave.

He gave me a look as if to say he told me so. After I closed the door I let the tears fall. They weren't sad tears, they were unbelievably happy tears.

Eddie was right, he loved me too. It was the best feeling in the world.

A few people on here requested a second part, so this is for all of you! Thank you to everyone for always being so supportive! ❤️❤️❤️