11. Accidents Happen I Guess...

I looked out from the darkened window, thinking of what to say. I was sitting in the passenger seat with Chris on my right, who was also clearly trying to say something. It was me who spoke up first after minutes of uncomfortable silence.

"So...Chris. Where ya takin' me? 'Cause if it's somewhere unsuitable, I'm here to remind you I have pepper spray!" I looked at him, trying to lighten up the atmosphere. A grin appeared on his face.

"And what do you mean by unsuitable? I mean, if I ever was to take you somewhere 'dangerous', I'd take you round mine." At this, he winked playfully at me, which made me feel somewhat better.

I rolled my eyes, but soon my smirk vanished as I noticed a huge KFC sign looming over us. My mouth fell open; never in my life had I actually thought my date would be in a cheap restaurant surrounded by kids with greasy hands. Ew.

"Um..Chris? Surely our date is located in a five star restaurant with those cool glass tables and funky food, right? And it's not near a place where they sell only chicken and fries?" I tried to look as innocent as I could, because I really did not want to go there. I've heard the chicken is made from factory-farming, and the fries are at least a couple of days old.

"Well, I'm not gonna lie, but you'll be dissapointed with our date. Anyways, who doesn't like the chicken fillets? They're delicious." He looked at me, smiling like a kid, whilst parking beside an expensive yellow Jaguar. This puzzled me- surely a rich person owned a car like this, so why is a rich dude like him dining in KFC?

"Perfect spot." Chris' voice startled me, pulling me into reality.

"Why? It's a spot like any others."

"'Cause then you have a lower risk of any car scratches or stuff like that," He continued, acting like he knew everything, "why? 'Cause the owner of the luxury car wouldn't want to risk scratching his own car, therefore when opening his door to get out, he wouldn't hit my car with his door, because that will make a scratch on his car. For me, that's a good thing because in order to not scratch his car, he can't scratch my car. That's why it's good to park near expensive cars, not some junks." He looked at me, wanting to get a nice compliment of his knowledge about how not to get your car scratched.

"...have you finished yet? I'm starving." I replied back, obviously listening to his lecture. I wanted to make him laugh, as if I didn't care, but he shot back,

"Yes, I did actually. Have you got anything more interesting to say?" He demanded, staring right at me.

"Yeah, I guess..um...did you know that people see you as twenty percent more attractive than you think you are?"

"Really? Well, I think I see the opposite in people."

I turned around, clearly winded up by this moose.

"Ugh..can we just order the stupid food and eat? The quicker we finish, the sooner I'll leave, which means I see less of your pathetic face." I retorded back, daring him to say a comeback. He didn't, which was good. Instead his arm snaked its way around my waist, telling me how I overreact a lot. And how my hair smells of apples.

                                                                        **********

"Oh my gosh, this was uh-maaazing! Who knew fillets dipped in shakes are actually lush?" I skipped out of the door, held by Chris, because I was hyper from too much sugar and calories.

"I know right?! I kept telling you to try them, before I had to force you into trying one! See, listening to me will only make your life easier." I kept on skipping towards the car, agreeing with him totally. I giggled as I heard Chris' fast footsteps, trying to keep up with me. I shouted some childish words like 'Try and catch me, you fattie' or 'You'll never get me!', only to feel his cold hands grab me by the waist and carrying me to the car. I shouted but laughed all the same, playfully hitting him on the back and trying to get out. He opened my side's door with one hand, the other holding me. I realised a second too late what he was trying to do when I felt my body being thrown onto the leather seat.