5. Luke Saves My Life

After maths, evil glares from Becky and flirting from Luke, I was so tired that when the bell rang for the end of school, all I thought of was a nice, hot shower..

But I guess the crew didn't have that in mind. "Guys, what 'bout getting wasted in the club to celebrate Jenna comin'?" James blurted out loud, and unfortunately we got looks from people passing us.

"Yea! Great idea bro! Jenna, you're up to it?" I saw Luke's eyes and I knew he was up to some mischief. I mentally did a little happy dance in my head.

"Well, duh. But where? Do you have anything in mind?" I asked James, pretending to be cool about it. Mike replied,"Oh yea! Guys, we can visit the new club that has been opened like, last week. It's all fancy an' stuff, so I bet we'll have a great time." At this point, his gaze started to go down my body.. awe..now this is gettin' interestin'..! I grinned to myself, two boys already on the list.

Unfortunately, Luke noticed the same thing I did. " Ok, let's meet at around six, I'll give ya guys a call where. Then we can all go together. Jenna, can I walk you?"

Mike and James' faces were shocked. They have never seen him be so caring for a girl before, only flirting was normal, but that..oh hell no.. something was up for sure. *********

Mike and James barely were out of sight when Luke was starting to ask me questions. "So..Jenna, I heard you say you were from Manhattan. Why did you move here? I think New York is a much more cooler place."

"Well..my dad had to make a deal with someone, and plus my mom wanted to buy our mansion for God knows what. Plus, I really wanted to get away from that polluted, filthy city for once." I replied, hoping for feedback from my boyfrie-I mean Luke.

"Yeah, I know how you feel. My brother's room is filthy from all his junk. Haha!" I smiled at him. He was so laid-back on everything. It makes you want to tell him all your worries, your secrets.

Luke's POV

I noticed Jenna grinning from what I said. She is so..different. All other girls just want to get into my pants but Jenna..I thought. There is no one single word that can describe her. Usually, I first get to know them, and at least after three days I make the next step. I'll have to wait till the club, then I'll show her.

We started to talk about Rebekah Parks, and how so little clothes she wore. I don't think she's that bad, but I didn't say anything.

As we started to cross the road, I noticed a Land Rover speeding down the road. The driver seemed to be talking on the phone. Before he realised that he was about to drive us over, I grabbed hold of Jenna, and I pushed us both onto the side.

The car skidded into a halt, whilst turning a full 360 degrees. Until eventually, that jerk, began to drive away, more slowly this time. Ugh, what kind of person leaves after nearly killing two people?! I thought angrily. Thank goodness Jenna fell on me, not vice versa, or I would squash her flat.

I saw her frightened face, and she was trembling so hard that I suddenly forgot about my injury and asked her, "Jenna! Are you alright? Is everything ok? Jenna, please, answer me!"

I helped her up, and hugged her so she feels safe. She seemed so delicate, so fragile, and I suddenly felt the urge to never leave her, to always protect her, to make sure she was happy.

"Luke..I'm so sorry 'bout this, I didn't mean to..it is my fault.." The guilt in her eyes made me so sad.

"No, Jenna, don't feel bad, it's absolutely not your fault. I didn't see that damn car too. Most important thing is, are you hurt? Have you broken anything?" Luke's words startled Jenna, he was so caring for her. He doesn't even care about his own injuries, only hers.

"I'm fine, oh gosh, I'm so scared right now." She hugged me even harder."Thank you thank you thank you thank you-" Jenna squeezed me so hard it hurt. Not knowing why, she started to sob.

"Jenna I- Jenna? Jenna, are you crying? Jenna, look at me.." I lifted her chin and looked into her big, green eyes, red and puffy from crying.

"If it wasn't for you, I'd be dead. Thanks, Luke." I heard her say, and I didn't know why, but I started to like her even more.I never felt like this before. I felt like her saviour.

"Hey, hey, Jenna, you don't have to thank me, I would do anything to keep you safe, you know." I knew it must have sounded sort of mushy, and I'm not used to say stuff like this to girls I knew for only one day.

"Luke, I know it sounds weird, and you don't have to do this. But could you- could you walk me home after school tomorrow as well?" I was shocked. I didn't expect that, I was relieved and happy at the same time.

"Yea. Sure Jenna. It would be an honour, your majesty." I bowed when Jenna burst out laughing, clearly remembering what she had said to Rebekah.

We walked to her mansion, getting to know each other. We had a great time until she stopped and said, " Well, this is it. Thanks again Luke. For everything."

I could see the happy glint in her eye. When she's happy, I'm happy. "Your welcome Jenna." As she was walking to her porch, I remembered, " Oh yeah. Remember to dress up nicely for the night, beauty. I will come to pck you up at six." I saw her turn around, mischief written in her emerald eyes.

"Obviously you will. See you later." And with that, she went up the stone steps and went in, looking back at me with a flirty smile as she closed her mahogany doors.