Chapter 36

Chapter 36

"Alright I'll contact you if we find anything." Jungkook waves us goodbye while we leave the police station.

It was a lengthy explanation as to why we just came back from a casino. Jungkook promised us he would look more into the facility and the details of Seojoon's assets, but I didn't feel much reassurance.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

"Shit, I think we got a flat tire." Hoseok pulls over to the side to check at the tires. I walk around the front of the car to his side.

The tire had completely leaked. The bottom of the rubber pressed firmly against the asphalt. I rubbed my hands on my bare arms feeling the chill of the wind.

Hoseok lets out a sigh, "I got a spare in the back. Give me a couple minutes."

I nod my head in response before leaning against the door. We stopped on an empty road somewhere between my house and the city. Overgrown trees covered the rusted signs along the side of the road. A mile marker that was bent sideways rested against the large base of a tree. The eroded metal had turned brown and rustic. Leaves and vines entangled through the holes left in the post.

A faint howl echoes past the trees.

"Did you hear that?"

Hoseok looks at me and then towards the trees, "Hear what?"

I turn back trying to listen for another howl but the night stays silent.

"Nothing, I guess," I reply back, "Are you almost done?"

He gets up from the ground holding onto the jack and wrench.

"Yeah, it's good as new. Let's get outta here."

I start walking back around the car, but the howl reaches my ears again. My feet spin back around, my eyes darting across the trees. It sounded closer this time.

Hoseok shuts the door on his side waiting for me to get into the car. I take one last look at the tree line before giving up and heading back inside the car.

After some minutes of driving we finally arrived home. The lights are already out so we attempt to tiptoe around the house, trying to not bump into anything. Hoseok and Taehyung are staying with me for the time being since their house was no longer safe.

I crept past my old room that I used to sleep in. I never want to go in there ever again after that man broke in. I even made sure to jam the door shut so I couldn't even go in if I tried.

For the time being I'm sleeping in Jimin's room. I'm basically torturing myself, but I miss him so much that it would hurt either way. I curl up against the wall the bed was pressed against and bury my head into the blankets that faintly smell like him.

"Come back to me."

---

Crash!

My feet were frozen in place. I couldn't look away from the canvas that stood in the center of the art room.

"Y/n! Are you okay?!"

Hoseok footsteps hurriedly climb up the stairs.

I grab the nearest cloth and throw it over the canvas making sure nothing can be seen. My heart beats erratically in my chest.

Hoseok opens the door with wide eyes, noticing my coffee mug now shattered on the floor.

"What happened?!" He asks.