ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss

"You're joking," Donghyuck said, staring into his locker with shock. Jaemin held his stomach as he doubled over with laughter whilst Renjun and Jeno peered in, confused by their reaction. "This can't be real."

"You got a love letter," Jaemin wheezed, dropping to the floor. "But it's no ordinary love letter, it's a stone piece that's been carved."

"That must've taken ages to make," Renjun commented, brushing his fingers across the surface, surprised by how smooth it was.

"Yeah, but that's not even the best part," Jaemin placed his hand on Donghyuck's shoulder and pointed at the bottom. "Your admirer, they signed off. So how do you feel, Donghyuck? You got a love stone from someone in an all-boys highschool."

"Honestly, I've always wanted one," Donghyuck took Jaemin's hand and held it in front of him as a speaker. "But I never expected to get confessed to by a guy."

"It could've been a girl," Jeno suggested as they began to make their way to their classroom. "She could've asked one of the guys to put it in your locker."

"True," Donghyuck sighed.

By the time Donghyuck reached his class, somehow everyone already knew. He guessed Jaemin had told them, especially by the way the boy had been typing at a suspiciously fast pace when they were on their way up the stairs. Some random guy Donghyuck had never spoken to pat his back and sympathised with him, talking about how he felt bad that Donghyuck's first confession happened to be a guy and not a girl. Donghyuck simply shrugged his arms off himself and continued to ignore him.

"What're you going to do with that?" Jaemin whispered to him once their teacher entered. Donghyuck carefully slid the slab into his bag and let out a sigh of relief.

"Treasure it, of course," Donghyuck smiled. "Even if it was a guy, the person who made that must've liked me to that extent to pour their efforts into something like that. I won't just throw it away."

Jaemin pinched his arm and told him to stop acting so chivaroulous.

-

Lee Donghyuck,

I'll get straight to the point,

I like you a lot.

-

"I wonder who it is," Jeno hummed, leaning his chin on Renjun's shoulder. The shorter boy grunt in annoyance and bent his knees, causing Jeno to topple forwards. "What if it's a joke?"

"A joke?" Donghyuck pouted. "What about confessing to me sounds like a joke?"

"I mean, I don't quite get why anyone would like you," Jaemin smirked, dodging the fist Donghyuck threw his way. "Maybe it's a first year who fell in love with you at first sight. You were running down the sports hall, sweat and tears rolling down your face. Then baam! You went for the shot and it got in. As you celebrated, the first year looked up at you from where he was sitting and there he thought, this is love."

"Sorry to disappoint, Jaemin," Donghyuck flicked his forehead. "But you know I've been benched ever since the second term of last year. They realised I'm absolute trash but felt sorry for me and so left my name in the team."

"It could've been a perfect highschool, cliche romantic story," Jaemin wiped away a fake tear and turned to Jeno. "But Donghyuck's inability to play sports ruined it!"

"Or maybe," Renjun chirped in all of a sudden. Donghyuck rolled his eyes as he immediately knew what he was going to say. "Maybe the boy used to be a delinquent and skipped lessons to sit on the roof of the building, despite there being a warning telling us we're not allowed there. Then one day, as he looked down upon the sunset, the wind in his hair and the calm feeling of loneliness washing through him, the sound of music suddenly filled the air.