ɪ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ʀᴇᴘʟʏ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪ ᴡᴀs sʜʏ sʜʏ sʜʏ

markhyuck

in which Mark confesses over text
and Donghyuck falls off his bed

The sun was setting and the moon was rising. Donghyuck was sprawled over his bed, and the sound of his fingers tapping against his phone echoed in the silent room. School was finally over the holidays had started, and homework was left on the side, waiting for him to complete it most probably on the day before school started again (because he was just an amazing procrastinator and was pretty much the laziest person you could ever meet).

Donghyuck chewed down on his lip, scrolling through his Instagram feed and liking everything that appeared on his phone, even the random and completely irrelevant ads that somehow managed to find themselves sandwiched between the posts. A few messages from his friends appeared, but like always, Donghyuck swiped them up, letting out a grunt every time they caused one of the posts to pause. 

"Cute," Donghyuck muttered, letting a small smile appear on his face as he caught sight of a specific post. It was of Mark Lee, the cute nerd that liked rapping. Donghyuck didn't know much about him (lies: because he knew basically everything about Mark, from his birthday to what kind of pets he wants when he grows up), but he had a large crush on the older. First of all, Donghyuck was surprised no one else seemed interested in him. Mark was good looking, kind, caring, and an all-rounder in everything he did.

They hadn't really spoken that many times since Mark was in a year above him and Donghyuck had gotten into too many fights with people older that he was banned from the second floor (which was the only floor Mark had classes on). However, every now and then, the school council meeting would be called, and all the kids that represented their class would come to it. Donghyuck, who basically chose to volunteer and become a class rep because of Mark, would simply spend that one hour watching the black-haired male explain ideas related to school lunch and behaviour during breaks. 

(Donghyuck always ended up going back to class and bullshitting his way through the entire explanation, and all the students knew he had no idea what he was talking about, but the teacher would end up looking impressed by him and give him a pat on the back.)

Once Donghyuck tried to initiate a chat with Mark, when they had just left the council meeting. Donghyuck still cringes at the way he had accidentally stumbled on an uneven piece of concrete, causing him to bump into Mark and squash him between the brick wall and his own body. Those four seconds of pain were filled with awkward silence and then so were the few minutes they spent together, walking to the bus stop. Thankfully, they separated when Donghyuck's bus came (on which his foot slipped and he nearly broke his arm), and Mark had then avoided him for a few days afterwards - but then again it wasn't as if they actually spoke for him to avoid Donghyuck.

"I'm so embarrassing," Donghyuck groaned as he buried his face into his hands. A muffled scream was heard before Donghyuck returned for his phone, hoping he could forget about that incident, but then another one popped into his mind, making him cringe even more than before.

There was this one time when Donghyuck had entered on someone confessing to Mark. It was a surprise for both of them since Mark wasn't that well known (although he was the student council president), and the two looked at each other with confusion. The girl, the one who had just confessed, looked at Mark, and then Donghyuck. She narrowed her eyes before her mind came to a conclusion.

"Oh my god, you're gay! I'm so sorry, please ignore me." She had said and then ran out of the classroom, leaving the two in the room alone. Mark was the first one to crack, holding a hand over his face and laughing silently. Donghyuck watched in disbelief as Mark held onto the table to keep himself from falling.