ᴘᴇᴇᴋ-ᴀ-ʙᴏᴏ ᴘᴛ2

MarkHyuck

Part two
(Ignore typos it isn't edited yet)

Mark sighed into his hands, the pizza shop door opened and wind rushed in, immediately getting rid of the heat Mark had collected over the past hour with the shitty heater he had in the corner of the room. Jisung walked in and muttered an apology, bowing down before rushing into the dressing room, quickly pulling off his clothes and replacing them with his uniform —an ugly orange shit with white strips.

"You're late," Mark commented as Jisung took a seat beside him, copying his action of taking his shoes off. The two sat crossed legs on the uncomfortable chairs and began to talk about things that happened in their day. It was always like this. Jisung would come straight from university to the shop, and Mark would come straight from his house. Nothing special would happen in Mark's life, he would simply spend his entire day doing the chores his mum set him before coming to work during the night shift. His sleep routine wasn't as messed up as Jisung, however, who would go to university full time and then spend the night working.

"I'll get it," Jisung said as the phone rang, grudgingly forcing himself up and picked up the phone. He pressed it against his ear and reached over to pick the piece of paper across the table, but as he did, the caller spoke up. "Hello?"

Mark watched as Jisung spoke to the caller in a quiet voice, almost as if he was trying to make sure Mark couldn't hear him. He scribbled down the order before running across the kitchen to make the meal.

"Hey, you okay?" Mark grabbed Jisung's arm, halting his movement and the younger flinched at the contact.

"Yeah, perfectly fine."

Jisung shrugged off Mark's hand and continued doing his work, messily dropping the toppings over the pizza whilst throwing chips into the oil. Mark moved forwards, to warn the younger and probably question his strange behaviour again, but before he could, Jisung packed away the food and ran out of the shop. A confused Mark watched as Jisung stuffed the food into the compartment on the bike before hopping on and driving off.

"What a weirdo…"

An hour had passed but Jisung hadn't returned. Mark was pacing around the shop, worry filling him as there was no sign of the younger coming back. It never took Jisung this long to deliver pizza. Why was it taking so long this time? Mark's phone buzzed and he hurriedly picked it up, answering the call he got —Jisung's name was displayed on the screen— and almost slapped the phone against his ear.

"Jisung? Where are you?" Mark asked, wasting no time to question the younger's safety.

"Hyung…" His voice came out weak, as if he was getting strangled. "Help me."

The call ended before Mark could repeat his question and panic flooded him. Jisung was asking for help, but where was he? Running a hand through his hand, Mark continued to pace around the shop, not knowing what else to do until he caught sight of a paper sitting casually next to the shop phone. He jumped forward, grabbing the paper and read through the contents.

It was an address of a place he has never been to, somewhere on the other side of the neighborhood. Mark narrowed his eyes but ran out of the shop, locking it behind himself and silently praying Jaehyun, the owner of the shop, wouldn't kill him for leaving it unattended.

Mark groaned when he realised Jisung had taken the only bike they had and quickly called an Uber, hoping it could arrive quickly. By the time it reached him ten minutes had already passed. Mark slide into the seats, showing the driver where he wanted to go before sinking into his spot. He has to save Jisung from something but he didn't even know what it was. Maybe a serial killer had gotten ahold of him before he even reached the house? Maybe a bunch of kids had gotten into an accident with him and then left him to suffer? Just the thought made Mark shudder and he tried to muffle his whines with his sleeve.