ɢᴇᴛ ᴡᴇʟʟ sᴏᴏɴ (ɪ'ʟʟ ʜᴇʟᴘ ʏᴏᴜ)

Markhyuck

Part one :D

(Slight warning of food and health issues)

Donghyuck was like a rechargeable battery, in Mark's perspective. There were times when he was bustling with energy, unable to contain any of his excitement and would run around with enthusiasm that wasn't seen quite often in people his age. But then there were times when he would close in on himself, take a little break and sometimes Mark would forget Donghyuck was sitting next to him because of how weak his presence would get.

Mark only seemed to notice this when Donghyuck came back from his injury. He wasn't loud at first, instead he kept to himself. He worked diligently and made sure nothing got in his way. But then the concerts came closer and closer and Donghyuck seemed to regain all the energy he had been lacking for the past few weeks. No one else seemed to notice his calm behaviour, but Mark guessed he did because of his best friend instincts. 

Donghyuck closing in on himself wasn't worrying when it began, sure, it made Mark take a few second glances and question everything he had done in that week to make sure he hadn't been the cause for Donghyuck's silence, but other than that he was still active to some extent. He would participate in some conversations and help make dinner every now and then.

But then he stopped talking all together. 

That was when Mark was alarmed that something was wrong. 

Donghyuck was always expressive. He never locked his feelings away the way Mark did. Which was something that Mark admired about him for a long time. So seeing Donghyuck all clamped up in his room by his computer table, spending the whole day there rather than a few hours, it was scary. 

Mark didn't know what to say and had consulted the members, to which they answered, "he's probably just downloaded a new game, Mark. You know how enthusiastic he is about them". But Mark knew him better than the others. Donghyuck hadn't caged himself in his room over a new game, there was definitely something wrong. 

And Mark was going to get to the bottom of it. 

-

It took a few weeks before the members caught on to what Mark had been complaining about. They only realised after they had taken a good look at Donghyuck one day. The members had just finished promotions when a couple of comments caught their attention. Fans had been getting worried over Donghyuck's health. Jaehyun had shown it to Johnny who then showed it to Taeyong and then soon the entire group had read the comments. 

Donghyuck had stumbled out of his room that evening, his destination: the kitchen. They all had eyed him from the living room, watching as he rubbed his rough hands against his red eyes. When Donghyuck reached over to grab something from the top shelf, his shirt rose up and they all held their breaths. When had Donghyuck lost that much weight? He was still eating and from what they knew Donghyuck didn't have any problems with food. So why were the outline of his ribs so clear?

Johnny tried speaking to him that night when they all headed for bed. But when he arrived, Donghyuck had already tucked himself in his sheets and switched the lights off. Johnny didn't get to ask him whether or not he was well.

-

The managers found out when Donghyuck collapsed during practice. They all froze at their spots, staring in shock when Donghyuck fell to the ground with a loud thud and wheezed for air. They had only been at it for a few minutes.