ᴍɪsᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴɢs ᴘᴛ.2

Markhyuck

Warning : panic attacks (I'm sorry beforehand if it isn't written well)

Donghyuck held a hand over his stomach, eyes stuck on the ceiling as his mind wandered from one thing to another. It had been over a week since the last time the members had spoken to him, excluding the times they exchanged words in front of the camera. The only member who had even said a word to him was Mark. The older boy was sweet enough to hold his hand under the table, when Donghyuck was forced to go and search for the missing chair — it was in Doyoung's room, confirming his assumption of who had taken it.

"Donghyuck," a voice called out from the half open door. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah," Donghyuck pressed his weight against the bed and crawled up it. Mark poked his head through, narrowing his eyes at the darkness and reached for the light switch. "No, wait. Leave the light off please."

"Okay, okay," Mark retracted his hand and closed the door behind himself, cutting off any light that was in the room. The torch from his phone light up his way as he walked over to Donghyuck, only barely managing to get past the haphazardly thrown clothes across the floor. "Move up."

"Okay," Donghyuck quietly moved up his bed until his back his the wall. "Why are you here?"

"Am I not allowed to come here?" Mark asked, pulling the blanket over the two and shuffled closer, only to have Donghyuck push himself back to the wall even further. "Donghyuck."

"Hyung, you shouldn't be here," Donghyuck whispered, lowering his head so Mark couldn't see his face. No one should see him. Not after what he did to Renjun.

"Why?" Mark reached out to grab Donghyuck's hand but the younger shrunk in on himself. The sight itself brought pain to Mark's heart.

"They'll hate you as well," Donghyuck said softly, his eyes stinging. He didn't want the members to start treating Mark the same way they treated him. He couldn't handle knowing that not only had he ruined Renjun's happiness, but that he was destroying Mark's as well.

"They don't hate you, none of them do," Mark made another attempt to take Donghyuck's hand but the younger pulled away again. "Donghyuck, did you touch Renjun?"

Instead of answering, Donghyuck grabbed the blanket and covered his eyes. Mark sighed at the action, but didn't try to take the blanket off. He didn't want to make Donghyuck uncomfortable, of course not, but he still needed answers.

"Donghyuck, did you touch Renjun in any way? Please tell me," Mark's voice was more gentle than before and Donghyuck found it hard to resist. He swallowed down the fear gathered up in his throat and peeked from under the cover. Mark stared back at him as he ran his eyes over the older's face, searching for any disgust or anger — it was a little disappointing that he was doing that after all the efforts Mark was putting in, but could you blame him?

"No, I didn't," Donghyuck finally responded before he returned to his little cave under the blanket. "But I did something equally as bad. I deserve what's happening to me."

"And what's this thing that you did?" Mark questioned, frustration building up in him as he realised that all the things the members did — Jaemin slapping him, Doyoung hiding his chair, Yuta pushing him during their practice — was all for something he never even did.