ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ

markhyuck

"Congrats." Mark said, watching as the younger wobbled down the stairs, flashing a smile at him, before giving him a side hug, inhaling the sweet smell around him (it was always a fruity smell, and Mark guessed Donghyuck still used that shampoo brand he discovered when they were younger). "I'm so proud of you, your first win!"

"Thanks dad." Donghyuck joked, playfully elbowing Mark in his ribs, before returning a warm smile obviously flattered by the greeting he got. "Your fans were going crazy out there."

"Of course they were." Mark sighed, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, already feeling tired by the mention of his fans. The fans who hate Donghyuck since pre-debut. "They think we're rivals or something."

"I mean," Donghyuck coughed, holding a hand to his mouth and glancing around the room. "They know a bit of our history, and they won't ever forget it, now will they?"

Mark grimaced as he thought back to what had happened.

-

"What...?" Donghyuck stared down at his phone, eyes stinging as he tried to read over the article again, a horrible tugging feeling at his heart and he could taste the disgusting flavour creep up his throat. "I- Mark? Have you read this?"

"Read what- Donghyuck, are you crying?" Mark scrambled from the practice room floor, tripping over his bag as he rushed over to see what had caused Donghyuck to seem so heart broken. "What is it?"

Donghyuck pushed his phone into Mark's sight, a silent sob escaping his mouth as he covered it quickly, hoping no sound would be made. The fear of being caught sneaking into the room was enough, but being caught crying after finding out that half of stan twitter thinks Donghyuck was trying to sabotage Mark's career would be worse.

"Donghyuck..." Mark ran a hand down his face, dropping to the floor next to the younger and wrapping an arm around him, enveloping him into a hug, hoping that giving him warmth might help. "Don't listen to them, they're just talking trash because they have no idea what the truth is."

"They made a petition to remove me as a trainee." Donghyuck whispered, scared that if he was to speak any louder, his voice would break, and hearing himself sound so weak would cause Mark to panic, who h he wasn't really looking forward to. "They've already gotten a thousand votes."

"Hey, hey, hey, listen," Mark pulled away from the hug cupping Donghyuck's cheeks and wiping his tears, narrowing his eyes as he saw Donghyuck hiccup. "ST aren't going to remove you as a trainee, they can't lose someone as talented as you."

"But Mark," Donghyuck's voice cracked, and he immediately regretted speaking, but continued nonetheless, "Your fans hate me, ST stans hate me, if I was to debut, I'd literally have no one supporting me."

"That's not true!" Mark shook his head, shaking Donghyuck with him in attempt to distract the younger from the situation. "Once ST makes a statement on this, confirming the fact that you weren't the one who leaked my music, or messed with my equipment, the fans will say sorry, and love you again."

"Those aren't real fans then..." Donghyuck mumbled, averting his eyes to the floor and sniffling quietly. The two remained in silence, Mark still cupping Donghyuck's cheeks, Donghyuck pouting whilst looking away, tears dried up, until a knock echoed in the room, and the two shared a panicked look.

-

"But it's been so long since then." Mark groaned, walking through the halls with Donghyuck as they made their way to the dressing room, eager to get out of their clothes and head to their dorms. "They should've forgotten about it, or something."